• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw for $8 from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs will be available for $12.
• HOTSHOTS: Turkey hotshots, green beans, salad and dessert will be available at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Servings are $8 and start at 6 p.m.
• BINGO: The Miami County YMCA Senior Center will host bingo at 10 a.m. at the Miami County YMCA Senior Center, 307 W. High St., Piqua. A Lunch and Learn will be offered. Call 778-5247 for more information.
• NATURE GROUP: The Miami County Park District will hold its Family Nature Group program from 10-11 a.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Join a park district naturalist for this family-oriented program designed for children birth to 6 years with an accompanying adult (older siblings are welcome). Children enjoy a simple opening activity as everyone arrives. Then, participants take a slow hike to the natural play area where kids and parents can socialize, play and take part in an optional nature activity. Be sure to dress for the weather. Meet at Lost Creek Reserve, barn with shelter/overhang near the parking lot. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• PIZZA NIGHT: The Troy Fish & Game will offer a pizza night.
• GENEALOGY: Genealogy assistance is offered from 1:30-5 p.m. at the Piqua Public Library. The library’s genealogy expert, Sharon, can help you whether you’re just starting out, or you’ve hit a roadblock on your search. Other hours are also available, call the Local History Department for more information at 773-6753.
• AA MEETING: The Best Is Yet To Come AA meeting will be at 11 a.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church, 60 S. Dorset Road, Troy. The Alcoholics Anonymous hotline is (937) 622-1294.
• OPEN KITCHEN: The Troy Fish & Game will offer an open kitchen.
• NEW YEAR’S PARTY: A New Year’s Eve pre-sale tickets are available to the public at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586, 377 N. Third St. Music by “Bucket List” begins at 8 p.m. Dec. 31. Party favors, hats, horns and snacks, along with a good luck meal, will be served at midnight Tickets are $15 for an individual or $25 per couple.
• BRUNCH: Brunch, including a bloody mary or mimosa, will be offered from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for $6 at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586, 377 N. Third St. The menu includes scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, sausage and biscuits and gravy.
• PARTY: A New Year’s Eve party will begin at 8 p.m. at the Tipp City Seniors Center, 528 N. Hyatt St., Tipp City.
• NEW YEAR’S PARTY: Ring in the New Year at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Enjoy live band “Bucket List” from 8 p.m. to midnight. Snacks, party favors and a good luck meal at midnight are all included. The cost is $15 an individual or $25 per couple.
• VETERANS COFFEE: Jerry Mullins will present “The Drill Sergeant Experience: Fear, Hatred, Respect,” during the monthly veterans coffee at 9 a.m. at the Miami Valley Veterans Museum, 107 W. Main St., Troy. Mullins was raised in Troy, graduated from Troy High School in 1979, and served in the Navy and Army from 1979-1993. He is currently employed as street foreman for the city of Troy. In addition, the ’67 Quilters will present homemade quilts to veterans and executive director Karen Purke will share an update on the museum’s events, including campaigns and plans for 2019. For more information, visit miamivalleyveteransmuseum.com.
• REORGANIZATION: The Newton Township Trustees will hold a reorganization meeting at 10 a.m. at the township building, 210 W. Walnut St., Pleasant Hill.
• BLOOD DRIVE: The Troy Church of the Brethren will host a community blood drive from 1-7 p.m. in the multi-purpose room, 1431 W. Main St. The blood drive includes the opportunity to donate platelets and plasma. Find out more at www.GivingBlood.org or talk to an apheresis specialist to schedule an appointment at (937) 461-3220.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Fletcher United Methodist Church will host a community blood drive from 3-7 p.m. at 205 S. Walnut St., Fletcher. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• SLIDERS: Come for sliders toppings and chips for $3 at 6 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• BINGO: Free bingo will be offered at the Miami Valley Centre Mall from 9-10:30 a.m.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Piqua Baptist Church will host a community blood drive from 2:30-6:30 p.m. in the gym, 1402 W. High St., Piqua. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• SHRIMP SCAMPI: Enjoy shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Cost is $5 and serving begins at 6 p.m. Euchre begins at 7 p.m. for $5.
• CHESS CLUB: Join others for a game of chess at 6:30 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. Chess club is open to all skill levels and ages; it is an opportunity to improve your game, challenge friends, and a fun evening for the whole family. Chess club is on the first Thursday of the month. Additional scheduled dates are Feb. 7, March 7, April 4, and May 2. For more information, call (937) 339-0502, Ext. 127, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• FRIDAY MOVIE: Friday night movies at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center are free classic movies with free popcorn and drinks. Join others at 7:30 p.m. for “Uncle Buck,” the 1989 comedy about a bachelor who babysits his brother’s children with John Candy, Macaulay Culkin, Jean Louise Kelly.
• CHICKEN FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a chicken dinner with French fries and macaroni salad for $7 and up from 6-7:30 p.m. Chicken livers are also available.
• FISH OR CHICKEN: Fish and/or chicken tenders, French fries, hush puppies, coleslaw and dessert will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Dinners are $8 and begin at 6 p.m.
• SPAGHETTI SUPPER: Troy Post 43 Baseball will offer an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner from 3-7 p.m. at the Legion Hall, 622 S. Market St., Troy. The menu includes spaghetti, salad bar, bread, dessert and drinks for $7.75 for adults and $4 for those 13 and younger. Proceeds go to Troy Post 43 Baseball.
• SHARE A MEAL: First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, for its monthly Share A Meal from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. They will be serving roast beef sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, orange gelatin, cake and beverages. Carry-outs will be available at 12:30 p.m., as quantities last. This program is free to anyone wishing to participate and are in need of a warm nourishing meal. Use the Canal Street entrance, which is handicapped accessible.
• TENDERLOINS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer fried or grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches with homemade French fries for $6 from 5-7 p.m.
• BREAKFAST: Enjoy a full breakfast, open to the public, at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving is from 8-11 a.m. Adults $7, children 10 and under $3.
• SHREDDED CHICKEN: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will offer shredded chicken sandwiches at 6 p.m. for $5.
• CLASSIC MOVIE: Relax and enjoy a classic movie at 12:30 p.m. at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill every Monday in January to re-visit an old favorite film or experience it for the first time. The star of the month is Doris Day. Popcorn will be provided or bring your own snacks. The series will begin with “Pillow Talk” (1959). This film is not rated and is 102 minutes long.
• EXERCISE: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill every Monday at 9 a.m. in January to exercise, have fun, and get in shape together following a Zumba routine on DVD. The library will not be open to the public yet, so please ring the bell for entry. Water will be provided. Call (937) 676-2731 for more information or to register.
• CARRY-IN: The Tipp City American Legion Post invites their members, family and friends to come to a carry-in dinner at 6 p.m. Bring a covered dish to share and join the fun and the company. Tableware and paper plates will be furnished.
• STORY TIME: Join staff for an eight-week story time session at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays beginning today at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Main St., Pleasant Hill. Your child will enjoy stories, rhymes, music, movement, and more as they build early literacy skills and develop a love of reading. For children ages birth to 5 years old. No registration required. Sessions in January will be sponsored by and feature Ms. Andi from Ready Step Dance. Call (937) 676-2731 for more information or to register your child.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis will meet at noon at the Ohio State Highway Patrol, 401 W. U.S. 36, Piqua. Joe Gebhart of the OSHP will speak. Reservations are required by noon on the Monday prior to each meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips (778-1586) or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.
• SLIDERS: Come for sliders toppings and chips for $3 at 6 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• DULCIMER CONCERT: A mountain dulcimer concert with Dave Haas will be at 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. Haas is coming to us from Charleston, W.Va., to host the 2018 Mountain Dulcimer Society of Dayton workshop and concert weekend. He has four dulcimer CDs and seven dulcimer instruction CD/workbooks to his credit. The workshop will be held at West Charleston Church in Tipp City on Saturday, Jan. 12. Learn more about workshop registration at www.troyhayner.org/music. The concert is free.
• FISH FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer an all-you-can-eat fish fry and smelt dinner with French fries, baked beans and apple sauce for $10 from 5-7 p.m.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Piqua Harley-Davidson will host a community blood drive during the inaugural January Ohio Blood Donor Awareness Month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Community Blood Center Bloodmobile will be at 1501 East Ash St., Piqua. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the commemorative “Ohio Blood Donor Awareness Month” T-shirt. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• EUCHRE: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will have a Euchre tournament beginning at 1 p.m. for $3. Sign up at noon.
• DEMOCRATIC WOMEN: The Miami County Democratic Women will meet at 7 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy. For more information about MCDW, visit miamicountydems.org.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis will volunteer at the Bethany Center. There will be no club meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.
• PORK CHOP: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a marinated pork chop (non marinated pork chops available upon request) dinner with baked potato and vegetable for $9 from 5-7 p.m.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis will have a member spotlight and breakout session at noon at the Piqua Country Club. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw for $8, from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs for $12.
• STEAK DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a T-Bone steak, baked potato, salad bar and a roll for $15 from 5-8 p.m.
• COFFEE CHAT: A coffee chat with Troy City Schools Superintendent Chris Piper will be offered from 1-2 p.m. at Purebred Coffee, Troy. Join Piper, purchasing your own coffee, to get to know the new superintendent.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis will meet at noon at the Piqua Country Club. Vicky Knisley-Henry will speak on Safe Communities. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.