• HALLOWEEN DANCE: A Halloween dance, open to sixth through eighth graders, will be from 7-10 p.m. at the Troy Rec. Costumes are encouraged. Tickets are $4 pre-sale or $5 at the door. There will be light refreshments, dancing, and a costume contest with prizes. Contact Kelly at 339-1923 for more information.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw from 6-7:30 p.m. for $8 and $9. Frog legs will be $12.
• NATURE GROUP: The Miami County Park District will hold its Family Nature Group program from 10-11 a.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Join a park district naturalist for this family-oriented program designed for children birth to six years with an accompanying adult (older siblings are welcome). Children enjoy a simple opening activity as everyone arrives. Then, participants take a slow hike to the natural play area where kids and parents can socialize, play and take part in an optional nature activity. Be sure to dress for the weather. Meet at Lost Creek Reserve, barn with shelter overhang near the parking lot. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• SOUP-ER WALK: The Miami County Park District will hold its Soup-er Walk program at 7-9 p.m. at Stillwater Prairie Reserve, 9750 State Route 185, Covington. Enjoy a guided, nighttime hike through the woods followed by a warm crackling fire and hot cup of homemade soup. Hikers are encouraged to bring a can of soup for donation to a local food pantry. Stay warm — remember to layer up before you head out. Pre-registration requested. Register for the program by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, going to the program calendar at www.MiamiCountyParks.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• BINGO: Bingo will be offered at 10 a.m. at the Miami County YMCA Senior Center, 307 W. High St., Piqua. A celebration will for October birthdays also will be held. Call 778-5247 for more information.
• PIZZA: The Troy Fish & Game will offer pizza.
• BOOK SALE: Tippecanoe High School members of the award-winning literary journal, Inferno, will host a book sale to help offset the costs of printing and publishing the journal. The money also supports district literary events. Hours are 4-6 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the Tippecanoe High School library. Paperbacks are $1 each; hardbacks are $2 each. Shoppers should enter the school through the main door and immediately turn right to access the library.
• LASAGNA: Lasagna, roll, salad and dessert will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving begins at 6 p.m. Enjoy music trivia during the Halloween Party that begins at 7 p.m. and includes costume judging and snacks.
• HAUNTED WOODS: Enjoy a kid-friendly evening filled with guided walks, live animals and costumed characters at Brukner Nature Center Haunted Woods, held from 6:30-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The gate opens at 6 p.m. with the first group leaving at 6:30 p.m. and every five minutes after that. Your guide will lead you along the luminary-lit trail and stop at six stations along the way so you and your family can learn all about the wild creatures of the night (bring your flashlights). Activities also include free face-painting, games, storytelling at a campfire, plus cookies and cider after the hike. Cost is $5 per person for BNC members and $7 per person for non-members (cash or check only). Kids 2 and under are free. Be sure to have your membership card ready. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis the night of the event, handed out in the order you arrive at the entrance gate. Parking is limited.
• DRUG TAKE BACK: The Miami County Sheriff’s Office and the Miami County Sanitary Engineer’s Office will host a curbside drug drop-off from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Miami County Sanitary Engineer’s Office, 2200 N. County Road 25-A, Troy. It is requested that all pills be emptied from their containers and placed into plastic baggies. No liquids or sharps will be accepted.
• COATS: The Miami County Sheriff’s Office will be distributing children’s coats from 9-11 a.m. at the Miami County Fairgrounds Shop and Crop Building. Contact the Miami County Sheriff’s office at 440-6085 for more information.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County’s Farmer Market will be offered from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Lowe’s parking lot. Bedding plants, fruit, vegetables, maple syrup and more will be offered.
• STEAK FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a T-bone steak dinner with salad, baked potato and a roll for $15.00 from 5-8 p.m. A Halloween dance and costume contest for adults will follow from 8 p.m. to midnight with Excalibur Sound.
• HALLOWEEN HAPPENING: The Miami County Park District will hold its Halloween Happening, which includes a Jack-O’-Lantern Hike, sponsored by the Park District VIPs and Trunk or Treat, from 8-10 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Guests of all ages are invited to drop by and experience a crisp, fall night hike around the historic Knoop homestead aglow with jack-o’-lanterns. Be sure to stop by the barn at the end of the hike to enjoy a fall treat compliments of the VIPs. The corn maze will also be open from 4-9 p.m. Make sure to bring a flashlight. Drop-ins are welcome. Register for the program by visiting miamicountyparks.com, emailing to email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• CORN MAZE: Miami County Park District’s Corn Maze will be open to the public as part of the Halloween Happening from 4-9 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Experience the adventure as you navigate the twists and turns of this 6-acre corn maze. Don’t forget to bring a flashlight. Admission is $5 donation for adults ages 12 and up, $3 fee for children ages 5-11 and kids under 4 are free.
• BOO BASH: This annual favorite from 1-4 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center is a free family event that includes superhero games, crafts, refreshments, a superhero training camp, obstacle course, a fun photo opportunity, and a grammar lesson with the Boo Bash Players. Superheroes who complete their training will earn a prize and certificate.
• LASAGNA: The Troy Fish & Game will offer a lasagna dinner and corn hole tournament.
• TRICK-OR-TREAT AND EAT: St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy, will offer trick-or-treat and a free meal from 11 a.m. to 1 p. m. Organizers will be passing out candy and serving a meal of hot dogs, chili, chips, dessert and beverages. Use the street door and go left down the steps.
• HALLOWEEN PARTY: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will host a party with prizes awarded for costumes. Bring a snack to share and join the fun at 7 p.m. Entertainment will be karaoke.
• HARVEST SUPPER: Cove Spring Church will host a harvest supper from 5-7 p.m. at the church, 5705 Walnut Grove Road. The meal includes choice of barbecue sandwich, hot dog or coney dog, chips, salad, homemade cookie or brownie; and drink. Free will donation requested. Meal delivery will be available for farmers harvesting crops in the Miami East school district. Delivery requests can be made from 4-6 p.m. the day of the supper by calling (937) 371-1126.
• ADVENTURE SERIES: The Miami County Park District will hold its Naturalist Adventure Series “Birds, Birds, Birds!” from 1-4 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Drop by to learn all about birds. Participants can learn to identify birds by their sounds and try to spot them with binoculars. A roving naturalist will be on-site to answer questions and facilitate activity. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• STORYBOOK TRAIL: The Miami County Park District will host the storybook trail program “Dinner Party for the Birds” from 1-3 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Drop by and read this book written by park district naturalist John De Boer and illustrated by Susan Nelson. The storybook is set up along the trail for participants to read. Dinner Party for the Birds helps to teach how to identify the different birds by their unique sounds. Drop in anytime during the program. This Storybook Trail is part of the “Birds, Birds, Birds!” Naturalist Adventure Series program. More information can be found on the park district website MiamiCountyParks.com.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast is open to the public at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. This is a fullbreakfast, cooked- to-order, serving from 8-11 a.m. Adults $7, children 10 and under $3.
• COFFEE CHAT: A coffee chat with Troy City Schools Superintendent Chris Piper will be offered from 1-2 p.m. at Starbucks, 1914 W. Main St., Troy. Join Piper, purchasing your own coffee, to get to know the new superintendent.
• FILM SERIES: Get in the Halloween spirit at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill at 3:30 p.m. and re-visit creepy classics. Themed snacks will be served and the event is for teens and adults. Call (937) 676-2731 for more information or to register your child.
• LOVE TO LEGO: All elementary-aged children are invited to create and build away at this special LEGO event at 3:15 p.m. in the Community Room of the JR Clarke Public Library, Covington.
• CREEPY CLASSICS: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill at 3:30 p.m. every Monday in October to experience or re-visit creepy classics. This week will be “The Bride of Frankenstein.” Themed snacks will be served. For teens and adults. This film is not rated and is 1 hour and 15 minutes long. Call 676-2731 for more information or to register your child.
• SPOOKY AND SQUISHY: Join staff at 6:30 p.m. for a Halloween themed family fun night, Spooky, Squishy & Slimy. Concoct two kinds of slime with your family. All supplies provided. All ages are welcome. Registration is required by callng 339-0502, Ext. 133, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BINGO: Never Too Old Bingo will be held from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at Piqua Senior Housing, 316 N. College St., Piqua, sponsored by Piqua Manor, Heartland of Piqua, Brookdale Piqua and American Nursing.
• CHAMBER SERIES: The Hayner’s Drawing Room Chamber Series will open at 7:30 p.m. with opera’s greatest hits featuring Ginger Minneman, Kylene Griffith Terhune and Sarah Reinhardt of Bella Voce. Participants will take a whirlwind tour of great music from the world of opera. The events is free and open to the public.
• HALLOWEEN EVENT: A Halloween celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Miami County YMCA Senior Center, 307 W. High St., Piqua. Call 778-5247 for more information. Participants are welcome to dress up and there will be games, prizes and lunch.
• KIDS FESTIVAL: A community fall kids festival will be offered from 5-8 p.m. at East Wright Street between High and Wall streets. Admission is free and there will be carnival games, candy, inflatables and other activities. The event is sponsored the Covington Area Churches.
• TRUNK OR TREAT: Trunk or Treat will be offered from 6-8 p.m. at Fletcher United Methodist Church.
• HALLOWEEN PARTY: A Halloween party, open to eighth through 12th graders, will be from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at the Troy Rec. Costumes are encouraged and games will be offered. There is no fee, but bring a snack to share.
• PIQUA KIWANIS: The program will include Halloween a parade overview and highlights at noon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. Reservations required by noon on the Monday prior to the meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips at (937) 778-1586 or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.
• LINE DANCE: Tipp City Seniors members and guests will hold a line dance at 10 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• BLOOD DRIVE: “Faith, Hope, Cure” is the October National Breast Cancer Awareness Month theme for the West Milton Lions community blood drive from 1-7 p.m. in the West Milton United Church of Christ Social Hall, 108 S. Main St. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the Community Blood Center “Faith, Hope, Cure — Donate Blood” T-shirt. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• BLOOD DRIVE: “Faith, Hope, Cure” is the October National Breast Cancer Awareness Month theme for the Troy Church of the Brethren community blood drive from 3-7 p.m. in the multi-purpose room, 1431 W. Main St., Troy. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the Community Blood Center “Faith, Hope, Cure — Donate Blood” T-shirt. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• SLIDERS: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will offer two sliders with toppings and chip at 6 p.m. for $2.
• MORNINGS IN MOTION: Spend Thursday mornings with Troy-Miami County Public Library staff at McKaig & Race Park, Troy. Join staff at 10 a.m. for Mornings in Motion, an interactive nine-week session that will include walking and early literacy skills through games, stories, and other activities. For all ages. No registration required. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 123, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• RESERVATIONS DUE: Reservations are due today for the annual membership meeting of the Miami County Historical & Genealogical Society, which will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 204 W. Ash St., Piqua. Reservations and dinner payment of $15 can be sent to MCHGS, P.O. Box 808, Piqua, OH 45356; Attention Stephanie Winchester. The speaker will be U.S. Congressman and veteran Warren Davidson. For the menu, vist the organization’s Facebook page. For questions, contact Stephanie at 307-7142.
• BLOOD DRIVE: “Faith, Hope, Cure” is the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month theme for the Piqua Baptist Church community blood drive from 2:30-6:30 p.m. in the gym, 1402 W. High St., Piqua. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the Community Blood Center “Faith, Hope, Cure — Donate Blood” T-shirt. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• SHREDDED PORK: A shredded pork sandwich with chips and a pickle will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving starts at 6 p.m. for $5. Stay and try your luck with Euchre at 7 p.m. for $5.
• RUMMAGE SALE: A rummage sale will be offered at St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy. Enter the side door on Canal Street. Hours are 4-8 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• COMMISSION MEETING: The members of the Public Defender Commission will meet at 10 a.m. at the office of the public defender, 201 W. Main St., Troy.
• FISH OR CHICKEN: Fish and or chicken tenders will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. This $8 meal comes with French fries, hush puppies, coleslaw and dessert Serving begins at 6 p.m.
• CHICKEN FRY: A chicken fry dinner will be offered from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls. The dinner will include French fries and macaroni salad for $7 and up. Chicken livers are also available.
• RUMMAGE SALE: A rummage sale will be offered at St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy. Enter the side door on Canal Street. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• SPAGHETTI SUPPER: Troy Post 43 Baseball will offer an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner from 3-7 p.m. at the Legion Hall, 622 S. Market St., Troy. The menu includes spaghetti, salad bar, bread, dessert and drinks for $7.75 for adults and $4 for those 13 and younger. Proceeds go to Troy Post 43 Baseball.
• 5K: A Food Steps 5K will be offered at 9 a.m. at Lowry Track Complex, 7640 Milton-Potsdam Road, West Milton. The fee is $25 and proceeds will benefit the Bulldog Bags program, which provided nourishing food for students ove the weekend at Milton-Union Elementary School. Visit Can’tStop RunningCo.com/Local-Races for more information and to register.
• SOUP-ER BOWL: Souper Bowl III, a fundraiser for the Tippecanoe Historical Society, will be held from 5-7 p.m. at the Zion Lutheran Church, 11 W. Walnut St., Tipp City. For $20, the buyer will receive a soup bowl to keep, handmade by local artist Sally Watson. Also their choice of potato, vegetable beef or chicken corn soup and cornbread, cookies and drink. Tickets are available at the Tipp City Historical Society Museum on the southeast corner of 3rd and Walnut streets in Tipp; Tipp Monroe Community Services, 3 E. Main St.; or from any historical society member. For more information, call Gordon at 667-3051 or Susie at 698-6798.
• TENDERLOINS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer fried or grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches with homemade French fries for $6 from 5-7:30 p.m.
• RUMMAGE SALE: A rummage sale will be offered at St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy. Enter the side door on Canal Street. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• SHARE A MEAL: The First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, will offer its Thanksgiving feast from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the church. The menu will include sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, pumpkin pie and beverages. Carry-outs will be available at 12:30 p.m., as quantities last. This program is free to anyone wishing to participate and are in need of a warm nourishing meal. Use the Canal Street entrance where the church is handicapped accessible.
• DONKEY BASKETBALL: The Miami East-MVCTC FFA Chapter is hosting a Donkey Basketball at 4 p.m. in the Miami East Board of Education gymnasium. Doors will open at 3 p.m. Concessions will be available. There will be free donkey rides for all children under 12 years of age. Pre-sale tickets are $6 and tickets at the door will be $8. Children 6 and under are free. All proceeds benefit the Fletcher Food Pantry. For more information, contact the Miami East Agricultural Education Department at 335-7070, Ext. 3212.
• BREAKFAST: Enjoy a full breakfast, open to the public, at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving is from 8 -11 a.m. Adults $7, children 10 and under $3.
• BLUEGRASS: A bluegrass jam session featuring Show Time will be held at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Music begins about 2 p.m. and food is available from 1:30-3:30 p.m.