• STEAK: The Troy Fish & Game will offer a New York strip steak dinner beginning at 6 p.m.
• CHICKEN FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a chicken dinner with French fries and macaroni salad for $7 and up from 6-7:30 p.m. Chicken livers are also available.
• SOCK HOP: Come to the American Legion Post 586 in Tipp City for a “Sock Hop” night. Hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings and ice cream sundaes will be offered. There will be music, too. Food will be starting at 6 p.m.
• SOCK HOP: Come to the American Legion Post 586 in Tipp City for a ’50s Sock Hop. Hamburgers, French fries and ice cream sundaes will be served. A DJ will play favorite tunes.
• RUMMAGE SALE: St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy, will offer a rummage sale. Enter the side door on Canal Street. Times are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• BINGO: The Piqua YMCA’s Senior Center will offer bingo at 10 a.m. Premier Health will offer a Lunch and Lean with Sprinmeade and Koester Pavilion.
• OWLS & HOWLS: The Miami County Park District will hold an Owls & Howls Hike from 7-9 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 4, east of Troy. Join park district naturalist Amalee Houk as we try to call two species rarely seen by humans, an owl and coyote. Learn about these mysterious creatures as while on a leisurely hike by the light of the moon. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• BAZAAR: Caldwell House will offer a holiday bazaar from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2900 Corporate Drive, Troy. The event will include vendors, crafts and door prizes.
• CORNHOLE FUNDRAISER: The Troy High School Interact Club will be holding a Cornhole Tournament at 1 p.m. at the practice football field across from the Troy Junior High or inside if weather is inclement. The cost is $10 per team and registration will begin at noon. The winners will receive T-shirts and all proceeds will be given for Prostate Cancer Research.
• BONE MARROW: A bone marrow drive will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Troy Kroger Pharmacy, 731 W. Market St., Troy. The test is a form to be completed and a swab inside the cheek. More than 14,000 people with blood and bone cancer are currently searching for donors.
• WELLNESS GALA: A Wellness Holiday Gala 2017, the third annual wellness inspired celebration hosted by health care providers, Kim Noll, LMT, CPT, Chie Schmitt, LMT, and Elizabeth Kisch, LMT, will be from 10 am. to 5 p.m. at The Crystal Room 845 W. Market St., Troy. The event will include live presentations, wellness inspired shopping with local vendors and demonstrations. Free appetizers and beverages will be provided, along with free give-aways.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Donors can honor October Breast Cancer Awareness Month by supporting the Greene Street United Methodist Church community blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Community Blood Center Bloodmobile will be at 415 W. Greene St., Piqua. All who register to donate receive the “I Fight Cancer — I Give Blood” t-shirt. CBC encourages donors to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• TACO AND WINGS: The Troy Fish & Game will offer tacos and wings beginning at 6 p.m. Karaoke will be offered at 7:30 p.m. with prizes.
• RUMMAGE SALE: St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy, will offer a rummage sale. Enter the side door on Canal Street. The time is 9 a.m. to noon today.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST: The November Community Prayer Breakfast will be at 7:30 a.m. at The Lincoln Community Center on Ash Street in Troy.
• TENDERLOINS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer fried or grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches with homemade French fries for $6 from 5-7:30 p.m.
• LEGO: Build with LEGO at the Milton-Union Public Library from 2-3 p.m. Each meeting will have a theme as well as free style building. All ages are welcome.
• UKULELE: Ages 12 and up are invited to have fun learning to play basic chords on the ukulele from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• KARAOKE: The karaoke fun begins at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• GARAGE SALE: Community Bible Church will have a garage sale fundraiser at 1427 W. Main St., Tipp City, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be inside and there will be items for all ages.
• SHARE A MEAL: First United Church of Christ in Troy will offer its monthly Share A Meal from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 120 S. Market St., Troy. 0Volunteers will be serving a Thanksgiving feast, including turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, cranberry salad, gingerbread and beverages. Carry-outs will be available at 12:30 p.m., as quantities last. This program is free to anyone wishing to participate and are in need of a warm nourishing meal. Use the Canal Street entrance where the church is handicapped accessible.
• NATURE SKETCHING: The Miami County Park District will hold the new Nature Sketching program from 10 a.m. to noon at Stillwater Prairie Reserve, 9750 State Route 185, north of Covington. Join park district naturalist/artist Kay Hisong on a hike to observe and sketch nature’s beauty. Beginners and advanced artists welcome. Bring your own sketching tool. For adults. Class size limited. Class fee $7 per person with sketch pad provided or $2 per person if you provide your own sketch pad. Payment due at time of registration. Preregistration required. Preregister for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• CAMPFIRE: The Miami County Park District will hold a Full Moon Campfire program from 8-10 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Join park district naturalist John De Boer at this fun campfire program. Participants will enjoy stories, music and a crackling warm fire under the full moon. Preregister for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• BAZAAR AND CHILI COOK-OFF: The village of Casstown will offer a holiday bazaar and chili cook-off from 3-6 p.m. at the Casstown United Methodist Church, 102 Center St., Casstown. For more information on participating in either event, contact Crystal at email@example.com.
• CONCERT: Rum River Blend will be playing at First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, at 6:30 p.m. Join First UCC for an evening of blended performances of traditional bluegrass, folk, gospel and children’s songs. The Canal Street entrance is handicapped accessible. This is a free family-friendly concert.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast is open to the public at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. This is a made to order breakfast serving from 8-11 a.m. $7 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under.
• BREAKFAST: The Piqua VFW, 8756 N. County Road 25-A will serve breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Participants can select items from the menu.
• QUILT DISPLAY: The Pleasant Hill History Center, 8 W. Monument St., Pleasant Hill, will feature quilts during the month of November. The center is open every Monday from 3-7 p.m. A variety of new and vintage quilts are on display. For more information, visit PleasantHillHG@yahoo.com.
• BOOK CLUB: The evening book discussion will meet at 7 p.m. to discuss “Following Atticus,” by Tom Ryan. Visit the library to pick up a copy of any of our book club books, which are on display.
• CRAFTY LISTENERS: Crafty Listeners is an adult audio book club. Everyone works on individual craft projects and listens to a book. Feel free to bring lunch or snacks. The club meets every Monday at 1 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• HAMBURGERS: Hamburgers with all the toppings and chips will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 for $5. Come and enjoy starting at 6 p.m.
• CLASS LUNCH: The Piqua Catholic Class of 1953 will meet for lunch at noon at the Covington Eagles.
• ELECTION DAY DINNER: Hoffman United Methodist Church, 201 S. Main St., West Milton, will be serving homemade chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, roll, assorted desserts and beverages from 4:30-7 p.m. Meals are dine in or carry-out (for carry-out call the church at 698-4401). The cost is a $7.50 donation.
• MOVIE NIGHT: Teens 18 and under are invited to a showing of the first Harry Potter movie, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” (Rated PG) at 5:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. Light refreshments will be provided.
• CRAFTS: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will offer crafts and quilting at 9 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• EUCHRE: A Euchre tournament will be offered beginning at 10 a.m. at the Piqua YMCA’s Senior Center. Exercise will be offered at 9 a.m.
• ADULT HIKE: The Miami County Park District will hold an adult exploration hike from 9 to 11 a.m. at Garbry Big Woods Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, east of Piqua. Join park district naturalist Sassafras Susan to discover the birds, plants and trees across the county, one park at a time. These hikes are a great opportunity to get out in nature and learn together. Walks last about two hours and are not strenuous or fast-paced. Due to weather, trails may be wet. Wear appropriate shoes. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: WACO Air Museum is hosting an informational meeting for potential volunteers from 1-2 p.m. WACO has opportunities of all types of skills, from maintenance, teachers, tour guides, greeters, gift shop attendants and more. Call 335-9226 to make a reservation to attend.
• STORY TIME: Children ages 4-5 and parents are invited to come and enjoy stories, crafts, and a puppet show at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• SLIDERS: John’s sliders will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Two sliders with all the toppings and chips for $2 starting at 6 p.m.
• PIQUA KIWANIS: A Kiwanis member spotlight will be on Don Smith during the Piqua Kiwanis luncheon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/
• KIWANIS: The Kiwanis of Troy will host committee and board meetings at noon at the Troy Country Club.
• COVER TO COVER: Kids in grades 1-3 will explore various authors and illustrators through books, activities, and crafts from 4-5 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St. An after-school snack will be provided.
• MORNINGS IN MOTION: This interactive program from 10-11 a.m. will combine active games, early literacy, and fun for all ages. Meet at McKaig and Race Park, 822 McKaig Ave. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be modified and held in the multi-purpose Room at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St.
• CORN DOGS: Corn dogs, hot dogs and onion rings will be served at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. The cost is $5, serving begins at 6 p.m.
• QUARTER AUCTION: Piqua Parents As Teachers will have a quarter auction from 7-9 p.m. at the Piqua Knights of Columbus, 204 W. Ash St., Piqua. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $2 and there will be limited tickets at the door. Tickets are available at Piqua Junior High School and Readmore’s Hallmark. For more information, call (937) 916-3139. Participants are asked to bring their own quarters, or a $3o all-in paddle will allow you to bid on most everything. Guests must be 18 or older.
• CARRY IN: The Tipp City Seniors Center, 320 S. First St., Tipp City, will have a carry-in luncheon at noon. Bingo will follow.
• TRUSTEES: The Tipp City Seniors Board of Trustees will meet at 10 a.m. at the center.
• COLOR AND CIDER: Join staff at 6 p.m. at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Monument St., Pleasant Hill for coloring and cider. Spend a relaxing, fun evening of coloring and sip a little spiced cider to enjoy the season. Staff will have coloring areas for children and families downstairs as well as an adult only coloring area upstairs. This event is for all ages, no registration is required, and all supplies will be provided. Call 676-2731 for more information.
• COOKIE JAR: The St. James Cookie Jar, 200 W. High St., will be open from 4-5 p.m. This event is free and open to everyone of all ages who would enjoy an hour of cookies, drinks and trivia.
• CLASS LUNCH: Members of the Piqua High School class of 1950 will meet for lunch at noon at China East in Piqua. Partners and friends are welcome to attend.
• FREE FILM: The 1968 thriller “Bullitt,” starring Steve McQueen, will be shown at 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. Movie, soda and popcorn are free.
• VETERANS SERVICE: The Pleasant Hill community would like to honor veterans at 9:45 a.m. at Newton Local High School in the junior high gym. Veterans, plan to meet in the board of education room at 9:15 a.m. and sign in before the assembly. Family members wishing to attend with the veterans are also welcome. There will be reception following the ceremony. Make a reservation by calling (937) 676-2002. However, all walk-ins are welcome.
• HAM & CHEESE: The Troy Fish & Game will offer ham and cheese subs beginning at 6 p.m.
• SPAGHETTI DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer spaghetti and garlic bread for $6 from 6-7:30 p.m.
• PORK CHOPS: Pork Chops, baked potato, salad and dessert will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving begins at 6 p.m. for $8.
• BINGO: The Piqua YMCA’s Senior Center will offer bingo at 10 a.m.
• VETERANS WORKSHOP: Caldwell House will host a free educational workshop about the VA Aid and Attendance benefit at 1 p.m. This event is open to the public and will take place at 2900 Corporate Drive, Troy. Call (937) 573-4158 to register.
• RAILROAD: The East Stillwater Valley Railroad will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday from 1-5 p.m. both days at 137 S. Wenrick St., Covington. The railroad occupies roughly two thirds of a 27-foot-by-69-foot basement.
• PORK CHOPS: The Troy Fish & Game will offer stuffed pork chops beginning at 6 p.m.
• FISH FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer an all-you-can-eat-fish fry and smelt dinner with French fries, baked beans and applesauce for $9 from 5-7 p.m.
• PANCAKE BREAKFAST: The A.B. Graham Center and the Fletcher Lions will sponsor a pancake, sausage and fried mush breakfast from 7 a.m. to noon at the A.B. Graham Center, 8025 W. U.S. Route 36, Conover. The meal will include all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage and fried mush for $7 for adults and $4 for those 12 and younger. An indoor garage sale will also be offered from noon to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Spaces are available to rent by calling (937) 368-3700.
• FREE CONCERT: Mike Block will perform his unique style of solo cello at 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. He moves flawlessly from a classical composition to a folksy “Soppin’ the Gravy” piece of Americana.
• EUCHRE: The Tipp City Seniors will dine out at Lincoln Square at 4:30 p.m, followed by a Euchre party at 6:30 p.m.
• BAZAAR: The Troy Church of the Nazarene, 1200 Barnhart Road, will offer its 24th holiday bazaar from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. More than 50 crafters from across the area will fill the church with home and holiday gift ideas, including jewelry, baked goods and more. Lunch, including homemade desserts, will be served throughout the day. There will be door prizes, and parking is free. For more information, call (937) 339-3117 or visit www.troynaz.net.
• BAZAAR: St. Teresa Catholic Church, 6925 W. U.S. Route 36, Covington, will be holding their annual church bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. There will be a quilt raffle with other prizes. Outside crafters and vendors will be present with many hand-crafted items. There will also be homemade baked goods available.
• GEOCACHER: The Miami County Park District will offer a Girl Scout “Geocacher” program from noon to 2 p.m. at Garbry Big Woods Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, east of Piqua. Work towards earning your merit badges. Class fee $3 per scout. Preregistration as a troop is required. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• TREE: The Miami County Park District will offer a Girl Scout Cadette “Geocacher” program from 2-4 p.m. at Garbry Big Woods Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, east of Piqua. Work towards earning your merit badges. Class fee $3 per scout. Preregistration as a troop is required. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.