TROY – Several people, including children were treated for smoke inhalation following a reported grease fire on Saturday evening.
Troy firefighters were dispatched to Park Regency Apartments, 1211 West Main Street, around 9:30 p.m.
Arriving units reported smoke coming from one of the buildings in the complex and “several victims” needing assistance.
As some of the firefighters entered the building to discover that the cause was a “grease fire”, other firefighters began treating several people who were affected by the heavy smoke.
A mutual aide medic from Covington Rescue Squad was dispatched to assist.
The pans and related materials that were the apparent source of the fire were quickly extinguished and brought outside and the building ventilated.
Firefighters report little actual fire damage to the building but there was damage due to the heavy black smoke.
It is unknown if any of the smoke inhalation victims were transported from the scene or how many families might be displaced.