Reports provided by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office
• FRAUD: A deputy responded to a fraud complaint on South Children’s Home Road in Elizabeth Township, Miami County. The complainant wished to file a police report as requested by the bank.
• FRAUD: A Brown Township resident reported her debit card was used in California at Disney World. The charges totaled $217. Frances filed a report with MasterCard fraud services and they required a report for their investigation.
• BURGLARY: A resident in the 4000 block of West State Route 571 called to report when he came back from vacation, items were missing from his pole barn. The resident stated he was gone from March 2-6. There were no signs of forced entry into the barn.
• THEFT: A deputy responded to a theft on Brookwood Drive in Concord Township. The deputy met with the complainant who advised that overnight someone had taken two bicycles out of his side yard. He advised that there was a green Schwinn and a blue trike set up in his yard as lawn decorations. He advised that he did not need a case number, but just wanted the incident documented should they be located. The deputy patrolled the neighborhood, but found no signs of the missing bicycles.
• TRAFFIC STOP: A deputy initiated a traffic stop on the listed vehicle for a moving violation. After further investigation, the driver was found to be suspended. He was cited with excessive speed and driving under suspension. He and the vehicle were released to licensed drivers.
• CRIMINAL DAMAGE: A Staunton Township resident contacted the sheriff’s office in reference to a criminal damaging complaint. A tree had been cut down in the backyard of the property.
• COCAINE: A deputy initiated a traffic stop for failing to have a working rear license plate light. Subsequently, the driver was taken into custody for being in possession of cocaine.
• DAMAGING: Property owners in the 3000 block of Tipp-Cowlesville Road, Tipp City, reported their field had been damaged by neighbors driving through it without permission, and requested they be warned for trespassing.
• TRAFFIC STOP: A deputy stopped a vehicle for a moving violation at Palmer Road, Tipp City . The owner of the vehicle was issued a citation for possession of marijuana and the other passenger was issued a citation for underage consumption.
• DRUG POSSESSION: A deputy stopped a vehicle on Ross Street in Troy for a traffic violation. One passenger was found to have a warrant for non-support through Miami County and another passenger was found to be in possession of marijuana. The man was incarcerated on the warrant and the other was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.