TROY – Firefighters from the Troy Fire Department responded to the report of a “building on fire” at the Idle Hour Ranch on Sunday evening.
As units responded to the blaze at 4880 West Fenner Road around 8:50 p.m., they reported seeing flames from the vicinity of Greenlee Road.
It was discovered that the fire was a large livestock trailer that was burning.
As firefighters were working to get the blaze under control, they requested assistance from Miami County Sheriff’s Deputies to help with “irate” persons at the fire scene.
Sheriff’s deputies leaving the scene reported that the fire was apparently caused by a heat lamp that fell over inside the trailer, igniting some bedding. The lamp was reported to be in use to keep some ducks warm.
There was heavy damage to the trailer. No injuries were reported.