• BOOK CLUB: Join staff at 1 p.m. for an out of this world good time at the annual youth summer book club. Staff will enjoy book discussions, a snack, and crafts. For children in grade 3 and up. Additional scheduled dates for the Beam Me Up Book Club include July 24. No registration is required. For more information, call 676-2731.
• YOGA: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill for yoga this summer on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. beginning. Great for beginners. Wear comfortable clothes and bring your own mat. Water will be provided. Please ring the doorbell for entry. Instruction is by DVD. No registration required. Call 676-2731 for more information.
• BABY & ME: Join Troy-Miami County Public Library staff during the Summer Library Challenge for Baby & Me Laptime on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. During this 7-week summer session, children from birth to age two and a caregiver will enjoy 30 minutes of one-on-one time and interact through stories, songs, and playtime. The emphasis of this program is on early literacy and parent/caregiver interaction. No registration is required. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 121, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• KIWANIS: WHIO meteorologist Jesse Maag will speak at noon at the Piqua Kiwanis meeting at noon at the Piqua Country Club, 9812 Country Club Road, Piqua. Reservations are required by noon on the Monday prior to each meeting. For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.piquakiwanis.org.
• KIWANIS: The Kiwanis Club of Troy will host speaker Jess Nielson, a designer, innovator and architectural artist. Nielson will share her new collection of curated goods designed to share Ohio’s rich history of innovation. The meeting will be held at the Troy Country Club at 12:00 p.m. Guests are welcome. For more information, visit www.kiwaniscluboftroy.com.
• LINE DANCE: The Tipp City Seniors will offer line dancing at 10 a.m, and be a meal site at 11 a.m.
• STORYBOOK TRAIL: from 2 – 3pm on The Square. Join a naturalist from the Miami County Park District as participants read on the Storybook Trail from 2-3 p.m. on the square in Piqua. Offered by the Piqua Public Library.
• HOT SHOTS: The Troy Fish & Game will offer hot shots at 6 p.m.
• BULLET JOURNAL: Join Troy-Miami County Public Library staff at 1:30 p.m. to make a Bullet Journal. If you enjoy making lists, taking notes, tracking things, and doodling, join staff to learn how to combine all these things into a journal. Journal provided. For teens only. Registration is requiredby visiting the library or call 339.0502, Ext. 128, to register.
• HAND CRAFTS: Hand crafts and a teach and learn with Joyce will be offered 10 a.m. at the Miami County YMCA Senior Center, 307 W. High St., Piqua. A carry-in lunch will be offered. Call 778-5247 for more information.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Piqua Community Farmers Market will be offered from 3:30-6:30 p.m. in front of the Piqua Public Library on High Street.
• ZUMBA: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill for Zumba this summer on Thursday mornings at 9 a.m. Let’s exercise, have fun, and get in shape together by following a Zumba routine on DVD. Water will be provided. Please ring the bell for entry. No registration required. Call 676-2731 for more information.
• MORNINGS IN MOTION: Meet Troy-Miami County Public Library staff at McKaig and Race Park, located at 822 Mckaig Ave, Troy, for movement activities, play, stories, and fun at 10 a.m. on Thursdays through Aug. 1. For children of all ages and their caregivers. Strollers are welcome. No registration required. For more information call 339-0502, Ext. 110, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• CAREGIVER CONNECTION: Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County will offer its Caregiver Connection program from 2-3 p.m. at First Lutheran Church, 2899 W. Main St., Troy.
• BINGO: Adults age 16 and up are invited to the Milton-Union Public Library from 6-7:30 p.m. Play bingo with friends and win books. No registration is required. Contact the library at (937) 698-5515 or visit www.mupubliclibrary.org for more information.
• INTERACTIVE PROGRAMS: Students in grades kindergarten through sixth will enjoy interactive programs each Thursday in July from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. Learn tie-dye this week. Children must bring their own clean article of clothing, and there will be various colors of dyes available. Contact the library at 698-5515 or visit www.mupubliclibrary.org for more information.
• CARRY-IN: Tipp City Seniors will have a board meeting at 10 a.m. and a carry-in at noon at 528 N. Hyatt St., Tipp City.
• NATURE QUEST: The Piqua Public Library will offer Nature Quest from 11 a.m. to noon in the Children’s Department. Visit with a naturalist from the Miami County Park District.
• TEEN TIME: Teen activities will be offered at the Piqua Public Librar from 2-4 p.m. in the Louis Room. A space themed activity, program or movie for teens.
• TRAVEL TALK: Travel Talk: San Antonio, Texas will be offered from 6:30- 8 p.m. in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library. Join Courtney as she shares details of her 2016 trip.
• TACO SALAD: Taco salad is available at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Servings are $5 and begin at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• SUMMER MOVIE: The Troy-Miami County Public Library will be showing the science fiction classic and Tim Burton comic, fantasy thriller “Mars Attacks,” rated PG-13, at 6 p.m. Popcorn will be available for snacking or bring your own drinks or treats. Children welcome if accompanied by an adult. No registration is required. Call the library at 339.0502, Ext. 117, for more information.
• S.T.E.M.: Join staff at the Troy-Miami County Public Library at 1:30 p.m. to have fun exploring and experimenting with various librarian approved S.T.E.M. activities. For all ages. No registration is required for this event. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 121, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• AMAZING SUN: Join staff at the Pleasant Hill Library at 2 p.m. to have fun learning all about the amazing sun through stories, a craft, activities, and a snack! For ages K-6. For all ages. No registration is required. Call the library at 676-2731 for more information.
• LUNCH ON LAWN: The Miami County Cattleman’s Association will offer Lunch on the Lawn from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Miami County Courthouse lawn. Meals will be $6 for a sirloin sandwich, $8 for a ribeye sandwich or $5 for an all beef hotdog with chips, cookie and pop or bottled water.
• ITEM GIVE AWAY: Free clothing and housewares will be given away from 1-6 p.m. at Friedens Lutheran Church, 11038 W. Versailles Road, Covington.
• BINGO: The Miami County YMCA Senior Center will host bingo at 10 a.m. at the Miami County YMCA Senior Center, 307 W. High St., Piqua. A Taste of Elegance will follow at 1 p.m. along with a birthday celebration for all July birthdays. Call 778-5247 for more information.
• FRIDAY FLICKS: Friday Flicks will be offered from 1-3:30 p.m. at the J.R. Clarke Public Library, Covington. Only G and PG movies, related to the theme of “Universe of Stories” are shown. After the movie, children will be treated to three games of bingo with prizes. Children of all ages from 5 and up are welcome to attend. Popcorn will be available as well as several types of drinks. This event will take place in the lower level Community Room.
• TAI CHI: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill for Tai Chi for Me this summer on Fridays mornings at 11 a.m. Improve your balance, reduce stress, and enhance agility and power following a Tai Chi routine on DVD. Water will be provided. Please ring the bell for entry. No registration required.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with french fries and coleslaw for $10. Frog legs for $12 will be available from 6-7:30 p.m.
• NIGHT HIKE: The Miami County Park District will hold its Discovery Night Hike program from at 9-11 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 East State Route 41, east of Troy. Join a park district naturalist and explore the amazing world of nature at night. Dress for the weather with sturdy walking shoes. Walk will vary from .5 to 1 mile. Bring a flashlight. Meet at the lower parking lot. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at www.MiamiCountyParks.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• GALAXY T-SHIRT: Join staff at 1:30 p.m. to make a galaxy T-shirt. Bring your own clean, dark T-shirt to make your own far-out design. Wear clothes appropriate for painting and bleaching. For teens only. Registration is required by calling 339-0502, Ext. 128, to register.
• BILLIARDS: The Tipp City Seniors will offer billiards at 9:30 a.m. and be a meal site at 11 a.m.
• PIZZA: The Troy Fish & Game will offer pizza at 6 p.m.
• MEATLOAF: Enjoy a meatloaf dinner with all the fixings at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Dinner starts at 6 p.m. for $8.
• STORY TIME: Story time will be offered at 9 and 10 a.m. with Miss Laurie and Miss Sherry at the J.R. Clark Public Library, Covington. Children are asked to bring something from the ocean or a picture of something from the ocean.
• CAR SHOW: Hobart’s Fifth annual Relay for Life Car Show will be offered from noon to 3 p.m. at 701 S. Ridge Ave., Troy. All makes and models for cars, trucks and motorcycles may participate. Registration is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a $10 entry fee for show vehicles. Judging begins at 2:30 p.m. and trophies will be awarded at 3 p.m. Dash plaques will be awarded to the first 75 registered vehicles. The event also will include food, drinks and a DJ. For more information, contact Claudie Ritter at 332-2767 or Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmers Market will be held in the Lowe’s parking lot from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Troy Main Street Farmer’s Market will be held from 9 a.m. to noon on South Cherry Street, just off West Main Street, Troy. For more information, visit www.TroyMainStreet.org or call (937) 339-5455.
• STEAK DINNER: A T-bone steak dinner will be offered from 5-8 p.m. at the Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls. The meal also will include a baked potato, salad bar and a roll for $15.
• PRESCHOOLERS IN PARK: The Miami County Park District will hold the Preschoolers in the Park program from 10 a.m. to noon at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. This program is for preschoolers and their parents. Bring the family for a self-led adventure. Meet live animals, perform hands on nature activities and go on a tot sized hike. Naturalists will be on site to answer questions. Be prepared to be outside and during the warmer months, be prepared to get wet. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com or call (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• BILLIARDS: The Tipp City Seniors will have movie night at 7 p.m.
• SIT AND STITCH: Sit, Stitch ‘N Gab will be offered from 2-4 p.m. in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library. Bring your crochet, knit or embroidery project, share conversation while participants work.
• MUSIC BINGO: Music bingo can be enjoyed at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. The fun starts at 7 p.m.
• ITEM GIVE AWAY: Free clothing and housewares will be given away from 8-11 p.m. at Friedens Lutheran Church, 11038 W. Versailles Road, Covington.
• ADVENTURE SERIES: The Miami County Park District will hold its Naturalist Adventure Series “Adventure Puppet Show” from 1-4 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Drop by and learn about nature with Freddy the Frog, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Ollie Otter and others. Ask the puppets questions and let your imagination take a journey as you discover the natural world. A roving naturalist will be on-site to answer questions and facilitate activity. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast is available from 8-11 a.m at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. This is a full breakfast, cooked to order and is open to the public. Children 10 and under $3, others $7.
• POOL PARTY:
Bring your family to the Troy Aquatic Park between 7:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, to celebrate the end of the Troy-Miami County Public Library’s Summer Library Challenge. Admission is FREE for everyone who attends. For all ages. (Rain date will be Friday, August 2 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.)
The Troy Aquatic Park is located at 460 W. Staunton Rd, Troy, Ohio. For more information, call 937-339-0502 ext. 121 or visit our website at www.tmcpl.org.
• MOVIE MONDAY: Movie Monday, a free event for all ages, will be offered at 1 p.m. at the Bradford Public Library. Each week during the summer, staff will show a full length movie (rated PG or G) and even have free popcorn. If students or parents want to bring in their own snack they may do so, but no powdered snacks like Pixie Sticks or Fun Dip and no drinks that have bright dye in them. The movie will follow with a couple of rounds of bingo where students can win prizes. Parents may stay with their children, but movie-goers are chaperoned by library staff and teen volunteers. Bingo will dismiss at 4 p.m.
• ZUMBA: Join staff at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill for Zumba this summer at 6:30 p.m. Let’s exercise, have fun, and get in shape together by following a Zumba routine on DVD. Water will be provided. Please ring the bell for entry. No registration required. Call 676-2731 for more information.
• NEEDLE IT: The Tipp City Seniors will have the Needle It Group from 9-10:30 a.m.; the center will be a meal site at 11 a.m.; and Bridge will be offered at 12:30 p.m.
• HAMBURGER: Have a hamburger with all the toppings along with fries for $5. Serving begins at 6 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.