PIQUA — Upper Valley Career Center Student Services Director Matt Meyer released the names of the Career Center’s High School Students of the Month for September 2017. According to Meyer, students from each program are named for the honor to recognize extra effort and to encourage development of leadership, scholarship, citizenship and community service abilities throughout the year.
The students recognized for excellence in these areas during the month of September were:
• Miami County Students:
– Bradford: Irina Dingman, Interactive Media II
– Covington: Megan McKinley, Cosmetology I (Pre-Algebra II); Riley Richards, Automotive Collision Repair Technologies I: Ian Wilson, Environmental Occupations I
– Miami East: Jacob Brown, Automotive Technologies II
– Newton: Haley Stine, Medical Careers Academy II
– Piqua: Tiffany Bradley, Early Childhood Education and Care II; Logan Bubeck, Interactive Media II (Consumer Math); Chase Dorman, Automotive Collision Repair II (Student Assistance Center); Angelica Jenkins, Early Childhood Education and Care I; Brenden O’Neal, Agriculture and Power Technologies II; Laura Pritchett, Exercise Science II; Austin Stewart, Automotive Technologies I; Linzy Williamson, Automotive Collision Repair II
– Troy: Bailey Cox, Medical Careers Academy I; Andieleigh Emerick, Cosmetology II; Kayla Pelaston, Environmental Occupations I.
Private School: Ryland Miller, Computer Information Technologies II (Psychology).
Shelby County Students: Anna: Isaac Bensman, Discovery; Emily Stepler, Cosmetology I. Botkins: Matthew Ollerman, Manufacturing and Machining Technologies II (English); Houston: Collin Cantrill, Environmental Occupations II; Jackson Center: Gwen Giesemann, Interactive Media I; Lehman: Athan Whitney, Automotive Technologies I; Athan Whitney, Automotive Technologies I (Guided Study); Russia: Katelynn Heuing, Exercise Science I; Raven Boerger, Interactive Media I (LRC Guided Study); Sidney: Mystic Graham, Automotive Services II (Science)