BRADFORD — The Summer Reading Program, “Build A Better World,” is well under way at Bradford Public Library, 138 E. Main St. Come into the library to register, collect your reading log and sign up for activities for all ages, from preschool to adults. Registrations will close on June 30.
Here’s what’s planned for this month:
• Thursday, June 8, 1-2:30 p.m. — Teens (grades 6-12) will be building Rube Goldberg Machines
• Monday, June 12, 1-3:30 p.m. — “Pete’s Dragon” and Bingo for all ages
• Tuesday, June 13: 2:30 p.m. — Miami County Parks will be planting a pollinator garden with other activities, all ages
• Wednesday, June 14, 10-11:30 a.m. — Pre-K to grade 1, activity day about animals
• Monday, June 19, 1-3:30 p.m. — “Secret Life of Pets” and Bingo for all ages
• Tuesday, June 20, 6:30 p.m. — 6:30 Adults can learn how to up-cycle an old purse with fabric yo-yos. Class taught by Kathy Weigandt. Please sign up and get a material list.
• Thursday, June 22, 1-2:30 p.m. — Teens (grades 6-12) will be learning about coding, making a bracelet with a hidden message in it and doing some fun activities to get them thinking like a computer programmer.
• Friday, June 23, 4:45-11 p.m. — Annual Bluegrass Festival at Bradford Schools. This free event is a thank-you the Bradford’s patrons and community. Enjoy music, a meal made by the Bradford Historical Society and maybe win a raffle prize, as well as pay tribute to dear friend and co-worker, Carol Coy.
• Monday, June 26, 1-3:30 p.m. — “The BFG” and Bingo for all ages
• Tuesday, June 27 — Grades 2-5 will be learning how to make balloon hats with Jenni Reed
• Thursday, June 29, 7 p.m. — Adults are invited to a special program, “Glancing with the Stars.” All are invited to stay after the program to do some star-gazing when the sun goes down.
Please come in to sign up for activities to plan accordingly. Call (937) 448-2612 if you have questions about the Summer Reading Program or activities.