BRADFORD — A fire on Wednesday afternoon in Bradford caused significant damage to a home and displaced a family.
Firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 300 block of School Street around 3 p.m. on a report of a possible fire in a wall and smoke inside the residence.
Responding firefighters reported smoke could be seen as they were en route to the Bradford Engine House.
Additional mutual aid was immediately requested from Covington, Versailles, and Gettysburg.
Fire units arrived on the scene and reported heavy smoke showing and immediately went to work locating the source of the fire and connecting to nearby hydrants.
Dayton Power and Light was requested to cut electricity to the home and also to deal with some low-hanging wires in the area.
Firefighters apparently had little problems with weather conditions, which hovered around the 15-degree mark and neighbors near the fire scene furnished drinking water.
The fire was located in the ceiling and attic area, requiring the house to be vented in order to reach and extinguish the blaze.
The family living in the home escaped injury in the fire, but have been displaced. The American Red Cross was contacted to provide assistance.
No cause or damage estimate is currently available. There were no injuries.
Reach Mike Ullery at (937) 451-3335