Locals named orientation leaders
TIFFIN — A group of Heidelberg University students who know the ropes will serve as orientation leaders this summer, helping incoming students begin the transition to college life. The following local students are serving as OLs this summer:
• Tyler Hunter, a sophomore from Tipp City
• David Brauer, a junior from Pleasant Hill
OLs will provide incoming students and their parents a welcoming and informative orientation experience, serving as resources throughout the four summer orientation sessions, answering questions, providing directions and assisting new students as they register for classes.
Orientation Leaders are selected based on their abilities in leadership, dedication to Heidelberg, integrity, responsibility, academic achievement, cheerfulness, maturity and interpersonal skills.
Paulus makes Dean’s List
NASHVILLE — Emily Paulus of Tipp City was named on the Dean’s List at Belmont University for the spring 2016 semester. Eligibility is based on a minimum course load of 12 hours and a quality grade point average of 3.5 with no grade below a C.
Area students graduate college
CIRCLEVILLE — The following local students graduated recently from Ohio Christian University:
• Jonathan Woodward of Tipp City graduated a Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Ministry. He is a member of the Pinnacle Honor Society.
• Courtney Wright of Piqua graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Middle Childhood Education.
• David Wright of Piqua graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management. He is a member of the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society.