• LUNCHEON: The Tipp City Seniors will have a board of trustees meeting at 10 a.m., followed by a carry-in luncheon at noon at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• PROGRAM ENDS: The kindergarten through sixth grade finishers of the summer reading program at the Milton-Union Public Library are invited to join staff for food and fun from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. There will be light snacks and games to play. This is a fun way to celebrate reading accomplishments this summer.
• INTERMEDIATE ARCHERY: The Miami County Park District will hold its Intermediate Archery multi-day class on July 27, 28 and 29 from 3:30-5 p.m. at Stillwater Prairie Reserve, 9750 State Route 185, north of Covington. This series of classes will focus on teaching shot placement through fun games. Prerequisite: our Beginning Archery class. Equipment is provided. Minimum age is eight years old. There is a class minimum of five and class maximum of 12. Class fee is $20 per person. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• COOKING CLUB: The Miami County Park District will hold its Lettuce Cook — Cooking Club program from 2:30-5:30 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Kids ages 11-15 years will learn about local produce as they harvest, prepare and cook seasonal recipes using ingredients from the garden at Lost Creek Reserve. They will also experience the sense of community that comes from preparing and sharing meals together. Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required. Class fee $25 for the series of five. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• LEGO: Join participants at the Troy-Miami County Public Library for a LEGOs Build-a-Thon at 1:30p.m. Come use your imagination and build a wonderful creation. This program is one hour long and for children of all ages. For more information, call the library at 339-0502, Ext. 121, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• TACO SALAD: Taco salad will be offered by the Tipp City American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586. Serving starts at 6 p.m. for $5. Try your luck at Euchre, which begins at 7 p.m. for $5.
• LUNCH ON THE LAWN: The Miami County Cattlemen’s Association will offer Lunch on the Lawn from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Miami County Courthouse lawn. The meal will be $6 for a sirloin sandwich and $8 for a ribeye sandwich, and will include chips, cookie, pop or bottled water.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with french fries and coleslaw for $7 and up, from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs will be $10.
• BODYWORKS: Join participants at 1 p.m. for Gross Science Bodyworks at the Pleasant Hill Library. In this brand new workshop by COSI, participants will get hands-on with the surprising science of the human body — slimy snot may be involved, and is sponsored by the VFW Post No. 6557. Registration is required and space is limited to 20 teens. Call the library at (937) 676-2731 to register or for more information.
• SPAGHETTI: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 Riders will be serving spaghetti with meatballs, salad, rolls and dessert for $8 at 6 p.m.
• CLOTHING GIVEAWAY: Free clothing and houseware items will be offered at Friedens Lutheran Church from 2-6 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Friedens Church, 11038 W. Versailles Road, Covington, at the corner of Versailles Road and Bradford-Bloomer R0ad.
• SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Open Arms Church, 4075 Tipp-Cowlesville Road, Tipp City, will give away school supplies from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. behind the church in the fellowship hall.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmers Market will be offered from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Troy Lowe’s parking lot. Fruits, vegetables, honey, bedding plants and more will be offered.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Downtown Troy Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to noon on Cherry Street. The market will include in-season fruits and vegetables, cottage foods, plants, artisans and crafters and more.
• BARBECUE CHICKEN: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a half barbecue chicken, baked beans and scalloped potatoes $13 from 5-7 p.m.
• MUSIC IN THE PARK: The Miami County Park District will hold its Music in the Park “Sunset Songs” program from 1-3 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Enjoy soft, meditative Native American Flute music on a casual walk around Charleston Falls Preserve as the sunsets. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• CHICKEN BARBECUE: the A.B. Graham Memorial Center, 8025 E. State Route 36, Conover, will have a chicken barbecue and bingo. The meal will be served from 5-7 p.m. and includes half a chicken, two sides, apple dumplings with homemade ice cream and a drink. Meals are $8 presale and $10 at the door. Kids meals also available. Carry-out available. Bingo begins at 7 p.m. with 20 games. For more information, call (937) 368-3700 or visit abgraham.org.
• KARAOKE: Karaoke begins at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• LUAU: The YWCA Senior Center at the Piqua branch will offer a lunch and learn luau at 11:30 a.m. at 307 W. High St., Piqua.
• CLOTHING GIVEAWAY: Free clothing and houseware items will be offered at Friedens Lutheran Church from 8 a.m. to noon at Friedens Church, 11038 W. Versailles Road, Covington, at the corner of Versailles Road and Bradford-Bloomer R0ad.
• POOL PARTY: Bring your family to the Troy Aquatic Park between 7:15-8:45 p.m. to celebrate the end of the Troy-Miami County Public Library’s summer reading challenge. Admission is free for everyone who attends. Check the library website or Facebook page for a rain date, if needed. Parents and siblings are welcome. The Troy Aquatic Park is located at 460 W. Staunton Road, Troy. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 121, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast is served at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 from 8-11 a.m. A full breakfast will be $7, open to the public.
• LUNCH WITH GOD: St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., will be hosting Lunch with God from 12:30-2 p.m. The meal is freeand open to everyone.
• WILD JOURNEYS: Come along on an armchair journey at 7 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center to the Pantanal of Brazil, a natural region encompassing the world’s largest tropical wetland. Margaret and Cliff Hensel will recount their recent adventure, travelling with other nature-enthusiasts under the guidance of wildlife tour company, Field Guides. This program is free for BNC members; non-member admission is $5 per person and includes refreshments.
• I CAN RUN: The Miami County Park District will hold the new “I Can Run” program from 5:30-7 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Beginning runners will join a park district naturalist every Monday and Wednesday evening on a journey from non-runner to “I Can Run” over this multi week program. Class fee for the series is $5. Preregistration required. Preregister for by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• OPTIMISTS: The Troy Noon Optimist Club will meet at noon at StoryPoint. Colleen Gilardi and Ernie Carmack from Board with Brush will speak about their new franchise and its history.
• BURGER: Come to the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 and enjoy a Rebel burger with toppings and chips, $5 starting at 6 p.m.
• COOL AND COLOR: Come to the Troy-Miami County Public Library and take a break from the hot weather, enjoy a cool drink, and color the afternoon away from 1-3 p.m. The coloring pages, colored pencils, and refreshment will be provided. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 117.
• HAVE THE TALK: Tami Baird Ganley of Baird Funeral Home will offer the program, “Have the Talk of a Lifetime,” from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at StoryPoint Troy, 840 Towne Park Drive, Troy. What is important to you that you take time to honor and remember the people who matter. Dinner will be presented. To make a reservation, call (937) 541-5182 or email email@example.com.
• TINY TOTS: Tiny Tots will be offered from 11-11:30 a.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. Toddlers ages 1-3 can enjoy singing songs and reading stories with a new theme each week.
• VETERANS BREAKFAST: Service and Safety Director Pat Titterington will speak at the monthly coffee and doughnuts events at 9 a.m. at the Miami Valley Veterans Museum. He will share his supervision of day-to-day affairs in Troy. Following breakfast, put on by the Fort Pickawillany Society Children of the American Revolution, Titterington will update veterans and guests on his position. The breakfast is free and an elevator is available to reach the second floor.
• SLIDERS: John’s sliders with toppings and chips will be served at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 at 6 p.m. Two sliders for $2.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. “Volcanoes in America,” with Holly McElwee, a teacher at Piqua Central Intermediate School, will speak. Reservations are required by noon on the Monday prior to each meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.
• STORY TIME: Children kindergarten through sixth grade and parents are invited to enjoy stories, crafts, and a puppet show at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• QUARTER AUCTION: Team Angels for the Miami County Walk to End Alzheimer’s will offer a quarter auction at the Miami Valley Centre Mall. Doors open at 5:20 p.m. and the auction begins at 6:30 p.m.
• CHESS CLUB: Visit the Troy-Miami County Public Library for a game of chess. Learn a new skill and challenge your friends. Chess club is at 6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month; all ages and skill levels are welcome. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 127, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• NACHOS: The Tipp City American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586 will be serving nachos supreme at 6 p.m. for $5. Euchre begins at 7 p.m. for $5.
• CONTINUING EDUCATION: Veronica Scherbauer, Criminal Justice Initiative coordinator for Attorney Mike DeWine, will advise on the attorney general’s Human Trafficking Commission from 4-5 p.m. at StoryPoint Troy, 1840 Towne Park Drive, Troy. One hour of continuing education will be provided for nurses and licensed social workers. A barbecue dinner for two along with a six-pack of the area’s best craft beer will be given to take home. To make a reservation, call (937) 541-5182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MEETING: The members of the Public Defender Commission will meet at 10 a.m. at the office of the public defender, 201 W. Main St., Troy.
• MEETING: The New Friends of the Milton-Union Public Library will meet at 6:30 p.m. For information about joining the library’s volunteer group inquire at the library or call (937) 698-5515.