• MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION EVENT: American Legion Post 200, 5046 Nebraska Ave., Huber Heights, will host a membership event from 6-9 p.m. featuring a dinner from 6-8 p.m. that is free to members ($5 for prospective members), reduced-priced beverages, vendors, door prizes and a 50/50 drawing. Membership tables will be Post 200, Sons of the Legion and Ladies Auxiliary. Guest also can participate in the Honor Wall Project by purchasing a 4” x 8# inscribed red brick to be placed on the honor wall at the front entry.
• SEAFOOD: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw for $7 from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs will be for $10.
• PIZZA: The Troy Fish & Game will offer pizza beginning at 6 p.m.
• BINGO: Bingo will be offered at 10 a.m. at the Piqua YMCA Senior Center.
• MEATLOAF: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will offer meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veggie and dessert for $8 beginning at 6 p.m.
• HAUNTED WOODS: Enjoy a kid-friendly evening filled with guided walks, live animals and costumed characters at Brukner Nature Center on Oct. 21-22 and 28-29. Your guide will lead you along the gently rolling, luminary-lit trail and stop at five stations along the way so you and your family can learn all about the wild creatures of the night — bring your flashlights. Activities also include free face painting, games, storytelling at a campfire, plus cookies and cider after the hike. This program is $5 per person for BNC members and $7 per person for non-members (cash or check only). Be sure to have your membership card ready. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis on the night of the event, handed out in the order that you arrive at the gate at our entrance, so if you want to join your friends please ride together or meet and drive in together! Gate opens at 6 p.m. with the first group leaving at 6:30 p.m. and every 5 minutes after that. Parking is limited.
• HALLOWEEN EVENTS: The Troy Noon Optimist Club and Troy Main Street Inc. will sponsor Halloween activities for children. The Northwest Quadrant will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m. for the costume judging and other activities for children. The childrens’ parade will form starting at 8:30 a.m. in the area behind the Hobart Center for County Government. The parade will start at 9:30 a.m., and will proceed to Prouty Plaza (Public Square) by traveling south on Monroe Street and east on West Main Street to Prouty Plaza. The parade will not go around the circle. Costume awards will take place following the parade. There is not a rain location for this event. There will also be other activities for children within the Prouty Plaza/northest quadrant area until approximately 11:45 a.m. From 10:30 a.m. to noon, many local merchants will host a “trick or treat” and hand out candy/treats to children.
• BOO BASH: Troy-Hayner Cultural Center hosts its Boo Bash Family Fun event from 1-4 p.m., with games, crafts, refreshments, a scavenger hunt, Halloween stories, a Monster Mash Dance, America’s Next Top Toilet Paper Mummy Fashion Show, and Magic and Music with Aleksander the Magnificent. Admission is free.
• DRUG DROPP-OFF: The Miami County Sheriff’s Office and the Miami County Sanitary Engineer’s Office will host a curbside drug drop-off from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Miami County Sanitary Engineer’s Office, 2200 N. County Road 25-A. Please have all pills emptied from their containers and placed into plastic baggies. No liquids or sharps will be accepted.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmers Market will be offered from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Troy Lowe’s parking lot. Fruits, vegetables, honey, bedding plants and more will be offered.
• STEAK FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a T-bone steak dinner with salad, baked potato and a roll for $15 from 5-8 p.m. A Halloween dance and costume contest for adults will be from 8 p.m. to midnight with Excalibur Sound.
• TEEN FANDOM: Teens 18 and under are invited to share their favorite anime, manga, and more at Teen Fandom Club from 1-3 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• MEAT LOAF: The Troy Fish & Game will offer a meat loaf dinner beginning at 6 p.m. Corn hole will begin at 7:30 p.m.
• TREAT AND EAT: The annual Trick or Treat and Eat event at St. Johns United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy, will be offered from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The event will include free food, beverages, games and candy. For more information, call 335-2028.
• HALLOWEEN PARTY: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will host a party with prizes awarded for costumes. Bring a dish to share and join the fun at 7 p.m. Entertainment will be local talents enjoying karaoke.
• FUN NIGHT: The AMVETS Post 66, Covington, will have a fun night, bake sale and chicken on the pit beginning at 5 p.m. at 10010 State Route 185, Covington. Dinners will be $8 and include half a chicken and two sides.
• TRUNK OR TREAT: Piqua Baptist Church, 1402 W. High St., is hosting this Halloween event from 3-5 p.m. for children and families of the Piqua community. The activity is for children from toddlers to 6th grade and their families. There will be cars decorated in various themes and numerous games for kids. Candy will be handed out at each car the same as Beggar’s Night at each house. There will be a drawing for various door prizes. Trunk or Treat will be taking place in the back parking lot of the church.
• BREAKFAST: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will offer made-to-order breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Adults are $7 and children 10 and under are $3.
• TRUNK OR TREAT: The Troy First United Methodist Church will host its 11th annual Trunk-n-Treat from 5:30-7 p.m. in the parking lot of the First Place Christian Center, corner of West Franklin and South Cherry streets. This free event provides an opportunity for children to celebrate fall and collect treats in a safe and fun environment. Vehicles with decorated trunks or tailgates will be parked in First Place parking lot, and children in costume may walk from car to car to receive goodies. There will be free games, music, candy and a hot dog dinner. For more information, call 335-2826 or email email@example.com
• MOVE AND GROOVE: Join staff at 6:30 p.m. to “Move and Groove” at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. Children and caregivers will enjoy 30 minutes of various activities which include music and movement; this program is for children ages 2-6. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 123, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Donors can honor October Breast Cancer Awareness Month by supporting the Fletcher United Methodist Church community blood drive Monday, Oct. 30 from 3-7 p.m. at 205 S. Walnut St. All who register to donate receive the “I Fight Cancer — I Give Blood” T-shirt. Community Blood Center encourages donors to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Donors can honor October Breast Cancer Awareness Month by supporting the Knights of St. John- Piqua community blood drive from 1:30-5:30 p.m. in the Great Hall, 110 S. Wayne St., Piqua. All who register to donate receive the “I Fight Cancer — I Give Blood” T-shirt. Community Blood Center encourages donors to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• PIZZA LOINS: Pizza loins (tenderloin with pizza sauce) will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Servings include chips and begins at 6 p.m. for $5.
• TRICK OR TREAT: Trick or Treat in the county will be from 6-8 p.m.
• DRAWING ROOM CONCERT: Solo piano, chamber and vocal music with Drawing Room Chamber series host Steven Aldredge at 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. Free admission.
• TRICK OR TREAT: Trick-or-treat for the city of Troy will be from 6-8 p.m.
• HAUNTED ROOM: Stop by the “Haunted Library” at the Milton-Union Public Library on Beggar’s Night in West-Milton from 6-8 p.m. Wear a costume and check out the decorations. Staff will be handing out candy as well as non-food items for children who can’t have candy.
• HALLOWEEN EVENT: A Halloween celebration will be held at the YMCA Senior Center in Piqua from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Participants may dress up if they like. The event will include games and prizes.
• CRAFTS: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will offer crafts and quilting at 9 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• TRUNK OR TREAT: The Fletcher United Methodist Church will hold their annual “Trunk or Treat” event in the church parking lot from 6-8 p.m.
• CLASS LUNCH: The classmates of Piqua Central High School class of 1961 will meet for lunch at Marions Piazza, Troy, at 12:30 p.m. No reservations required, participants will order off the menu. Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend.
• VETERANS BREAKFAST: Jane Webb, the brainchild of The ‘67 Quilters, will be the speaker at the monthly veterans breakfast at the Miami Valley Veterans Museum at 9 a.m. at 107 W. Main St., Troy. In addition, the Piqua-Lewis Boyer Daughters of the American Revolution will be serving breakfast. An elevator is available. For more information, call 332-8852 or visit http://miamivalleyveteransmuseum.com/.
• STORY TIME: Children ages 4-5 and parents are invited to come and enjoy stories, crafts, and a puppet show at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• SLIDERS: Sliders will be available at 6 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Two sliders with toppings and chips for $2.
• KIWANIS: A new evening meeting will be held from 5:30-7 p.m. at Buffalo Wings and Rings, 989 E. Ash St., Piqua.
• MORNINGS IN MOTION: This interactive program from 10-11 a.m. will combine active games, early literacy, and fun for all ages. Meet at McKaig and Race Park, 822 McKaig Ave. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be modified and held in the multi-purpose Room at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St.
• CHESS CLUB: Join others for a game of chess at 6:30 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. All ages and skill levels are welcome, even those who have never played. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 127, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• CONFERENCES: Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled for 2-8 p.m. at Newton schools. You may sign up online at http://www.newton.k12.oh.us or call the office at 937-676-2002. All students will be dismissed one hour early, starting at 1:35 p.m.
• MEETING: The Public Defenders Commission will meet at 10 a.m. at 201 W. Main St., Troy.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Donors can honor October Breast Cancer Awareness Month by supporting the Piqua Baptist Church community blood drive from 2:30-6:30 p.m. in the gym, 1402 W. High St. All who register to donate receive the “I Fight Cancer — I Give Blood” t-shirt. Community Blood Center encourages donors to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• CHESS: Join staff for a game of chess at 6:30 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library; all ages and skill levels are welcome. Learn a new skill and challenge your friends. For more information, call (937) 339-0502, Ext. 127, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• FRIENDS DINNER: The New Friends of the Milton-Union Public Library will meet at 6 p.m for the Friends Appreciation Dinner. This event is only for members of the Friends organization. For info about joining the library’s volunteer group, inquire at the Milton-Union Public Library or call (937) 698-5515.
• DINNER: Sweet and sour chicken over rice served with an egg roll will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 starting at 6 p.m. Enjoy supper for $5 and stay for Euchre beginning at 7 p.m. also for $5.
• QUARTER AUCTION: Child Care Choices will have a quarter auction from 7-9 p.m. at the Concord Room, 845 W. Market St., Troy. Tickets costing $2 are available at the door or by calling 667-1799 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. One new feature this year is the availability of a special paddle that allows participants to bid on every item without throwing in a quarter or multi-quarter bid. The paddle, costing $30, may be propped up and permits the holder to bid on every item without bidding each time. During the event there will be 10 “high value” items offered for only a quarter. There’s also the assurance that “no one goes home empty-handed.” Sandwiches will be offered for sale during the event, along with chips and cookies.
• CARRY IN: The Tipp City Seniors Center, 320 S. First St., Tipp City, will have a carry-in luncheon at noon. A 50/50 drawing will be held.
• STEAK: The Troy Fish & Game will offer a New York strip steak dinner beginning at 6 p.m.
• CHICKEN FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a chicken dinner with French fries and macaroni salad for $7 and up from 6-7:30 p.m. Chicken livers are also available.
• SOCK HOP: Come to the American Legion Post 586 in Tipp City for a “Sock Hop” night. Hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings and ice cream sundaes will be offered. There will be music, too. Food will be starting at 6 p.m.
• SOCK HOP: Come to the American Legion Post 586 in Tipp City for a ’50s Sock Hop. Hamburgers, French fries and ice cream sundaes will be served. A DJ will play favorite tunes.
• WELLNESS GALA: A Wellness Holiday Gala 2017, the third annual wellness inspired celebration hosted by health care providers, Kim Noll, LMT, cPT, Chie Schmitt, LMT, and Elizebeth Kisch, LMT, will be from 10 am. to 5 p.m. at The Crystal Riinm 845 W. Market St., Troy. The event will include live presentations, wellness inspired shopping with local vendors and demonstrations. Free appetizers and beverages will be provided, along with free give-aways.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Donors can honor October Breast Cancer Awareness Month by supporting the Greene Street United Methodist Church community blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Community Blood Center Bloodmobile will be at 415 W. Greene St., Piqua. All who register to donate receive the “I Fight Cancer — I Give Blood” t-shirt. CBC encourages donors to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• TACO AND WINGS: The Troy Fish & Game will offer tacos and wings beginning at 6 p.m. Karaoke will be offered at 7:30 p.m. with prizes.
• TENDERLOINS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer fried or grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches with homemade French fries for $6 from 5-7:30 p.m.
• LEGO: Build with LEGO at the Milton-Union Public Library from 2-3 p.m. Each meeting will have a theme as well as free style building. All ages are welcome.
• UKULELE: Ages 12 and up are invited to have fun learning to play basic chords on the ukulele from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• KARAOKE: The karaoke fun begins at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• BAZAAR AND CHILI COOK-OFF: The village of Casstown will offer a holiday bazaar and chili cook-off from 3-6 p.m. at the Casstown United Methodist Church, 102 Center St., Casstown. For more information on participating in either event, contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CONCERT: Rum River Blend will be playing at First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, at 6:30 p.m. Join First UCC for an evening of blended performances of traditional bluegrass, folk, gospel and children’s songs. The Canal Street entrance is handicapped accessible. This is a free family-friendly concert.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast is open to the public at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. This is a made to order breakfast serving from 8-11 a.m. $7 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU