Piqua City Schools News Brief
PIQUA — The following events are taking place in Piqua City Schools:
* Congratulations to the PHS Boys Basketball Team! The team was chosen “Team of the Week” on the statewide website JJ Huddle.
* The Piqua High School Show Choir “The Company” had a great weekend at Central Crossing High School in Columbus. The group was awarded Best Stage Crew and Best Costume. Senior Olivia Barhorst was named the group’s Outstanding Performer. Senior Mae Carnes was name Best Female Soloist. “The Company” was awarded first runner-up overall. “The Company” will host the 31st Annual Show Choir Invitational is taking place today. Fourteen choirs will be competing in the all-day event. Piqua will perform at 10:30 p.m.
* The Piqua Junior High School Science Olympiad Team competed Saturday, Jan. 11, at the Wright State Invitational. Two PJHS teams placed 7th out of 60 teams: Katie Evans, Maya Vulcan and Amanda George in Experimental Design and Katie Evans and Maya Vulcan in Crime Busters. The team will compete today at Magsig Middle School in Centerville.
* The Piqua High School Science Olympiad Team competed at the Wright State Invitational this past Saturday against sixty teams from 12 states. Top placers for PHS were Abby Helman and Luke Hanes finishing 6th in Technical Problem Solving, Jon Irvin and Wade Wenrick finishing 8th in Rocks and Minerals, and Sarah Ganger and Kenton Kiser placing 10th in Boomilever. Their next competition will be February 22nd at the New Albany Invitational.
* Building Project Updates are available on the Piqua City School District website at www.piqua.org. Click on “Construction” on the left hand side of the home page for regularly updated information.
* Heard It Through The Grapevine - Do you have a question or have you heard something about the Piqua City School District that you want clarified? Link to “Heard It Through The Grapevine” at www.piqua.org to submit your questions. You will receive an email with the answer/response. Frequently repeated questions will be posted in the Q&A on the “Heard It Through The Grapevine” page.
Reach at or 937/773-2721.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices