MIAMI COUNTY — Thirteen Miami County employers were recognized by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) for their strong workplace safety records. The businesses received BWC’s Special Award for Safety for at least 500,000 hours and six months without an injury resulting in a day or more away from work.
“These employers have not only received a special recognition for an outstanding accomplishment, they more importantly have demonstrated a commitment to sending their workers home safely each night,” said BWC Acting Administrator/CEO Sarah Morrison. “I encourage each Ohio employer to strive for zero workplace injuries by making safety a high priority, which can help prevent claims and lower workers’ compensation costs.”
The awards were presented during the annual awards meeting of the Miami County Safety Council, one of more than 80 across the state that serve as partners in BWC’s efforts to educate employers and workers about the importance of workplace safety. Safety councils are organized by local business organizations to inform participants of new safety standards and regulations, products and services, and provide a thorough knowledge of topics, including occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation and risk management education.
Area employers recognized with the Special Award for Safety include:
• Bowser-Morner — 849,030 hours worked
• Circuits & Cables, L.L.C. — 1,402,659 hours worked
• F & P America — 1,326,903 hours worked
• Industry Products Company — 1,033,265 hours worked
• ITW / FEG Troy Plant — 924,117 hours worked
• Lord Corporation — 1,796,803 hours worked
• Miami East Local School District — 2,487,019 hours worked
• Newton Local School District — 638,591 hours worked
• Piqua City Schools — 1,178,781 hours worked
• Regal Beloit — 758,580 hours worked
• Spinnaker Coating, LLC — 663,948 hours worked
• Stillwater Technologies Inc. — 1,248,400 hours worked
• The Hampshire Company — 980,377 hours worked
In addition to the Special Award for Safety, various local businesses received the Group Award for Safety, the 100% Award or the Achievement Award.
Visit bwc.ohio.gov to learn more about joining a safety council.