Purrs to hold quarter auction
PIQUA — Purrs in Piqua, who spay and neuter street cats in Piqua, will offer a quarter auction March 2, at the American Legion, 301 W. Water St. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the auction begins at 7 p.m. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
The nonprofit organization to date has spayed or neutered 265 cats, and hope to reach 300 by their second anniversary on April 15.
Kindergarten screening set
BRADFORD — Enrollment for the 2017-18 kindergarten class at Bradford Elementary has been set for the week of March 6. Please call the school office at 448-2811 during this week between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to set up an appointment for kindergarten screening, which will be held on Tuesday, April 18 during regular school hours.
Registration forms will be mailed to the parents of the prospective kindergartners prior to this date and the forms may be turned in the day of kindergarten screening,.
Children must be 5 years of age by Aug. 1, 2017, in order to be eligible for kindergarten.
The following information is required to register and must be brought to the school along with the registration forms: original birth certificate; Social Security Number; immunization record; custody papers (if applicable); proof of residency (rent receipt, utility bill, etc.).
Kiwanis meetings planned
PIQUA — The Piqua Kiwanis Club has scheduled the following meetings for March:
• March 1: Joint meeting of Piqua Kiwanis Club and Piqua High School Key Club at Piqua High School
• March 8: Review of plans for annual Pancake Day to be held
• March 11 at the Upper Valley Career Center
• March 15: News and commentary on 2017 season for the Dayton Dragons with Tom Nichols, the voice of the Dragons
• March 22: “What’s Happening on Main Street, Piqua, Ohio” with Lorna Swisher, Mainstreet executivedirector
• March 29: A message from the Spiritual Aims Committee
Kiwanis meetings are open to the public. Luncheon and meetings take place at noon on Wednesdays at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. Reservations are required by noon on the Monday prior to each meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit the website: www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.