PIQUA – Friday’s high winds led to damage at the Piqua Home Depot store.
Piqua Fire Department responded to the Home Depot on East Ash Street on the report of a possible gas leak around 3 p.m.
Upon their arrival, it was discovered that a large portion of the business’ rubberized roof had been ripped from the building by high wind.
As the roof was torn loose, it damaged several of the 16 HVAC units on top of the building. Natural gas lines leading to several of the units were ripped loose, causing the leak.
The business was evacuated and Vectren was requested to respond to the scene.
Home Depot was closed while investigators determined the extent of the damage.
No one was injured and it was unclear how long the business would remain closed.