SPRINGCREEK TOWNSHIP — For residents of Springcreek Township, Robert “Bob” Black was elected as their new fiscal officer. Black ran against Mindy Grube.
According to unofficial results, there were 383 votes for Black and 297 votes for Grube. Black earned 56.32 percent of the votes.
Black thanked the residents and voters of Springcreek Township for having “faith in me to be their next fiscal officer.”
“I also want to commend Mindy Grube for sticking her head in the ring and being a worthy opponent,” Black said. “She did a nice job.”
Black is a retired insurance executive.
“One of the things that I had to deal with constantly … was developing [and] managing of large budgets,” Black said in a previous interview, including accounts with million-dollar budgets.
Black is seeking to stay involved in the community and has had his eye on the fiscal 0fficer position for a while.
“I want to really raise the level of expertise of accounting function and recording function of the office,” Black said. “I think that’s an area that really needs time spent on.”
Black has been married to his wife Christa for 46 years and has been a resident of Springcreek Township for 36 years. Black has two adult daughters, including Jenny, married to David Trissell, and Jodie, married to Jon McGraw. Black’s five grandchildren include Kamy, Kylie, Bella, Reed, and Olivia.
Black’s education includes:
• Piqua Central High School graduate
• Attended Edison Community College and Wright State University
• Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Fellow, Academy for Healthcare Management (FAHM), Academy for Healthcare Management, Washington D.C.
Black’s community involvement includes:
• Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce: Leadership Piqua (1998), Board of Directors (1997-2003), Chairman (2002), Chamber Achievement Award (2003)
• Piqua Area United Way: Over five years working on annual fundraising campaign
• Piqua Arts Council: Board of Directors (2004-2008), President (2007)
• Upper Valley Community Church: Served on various building and expansion committees
Reach reporter Sam Wildow at 9937) 451-3336 or on Twitter @TheDailyCall