PIQUA — The Piqua Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in the building at the Piqua Family Dollar store at 633 West High Street on Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters checked out the building and discovered the source of the smoke was a worn out blower motor on a roof-mounted air conditioning unit.
An electrician was called to the scene and power to the unit was disconnected.
Portable fans were used to ventilate the building before employees and customers were allowed to re-enter the building.
There were no injuries and firefighters were on the scene for about one hour.
Covington Fire Department responded with an engine to provide mutual aide.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU