MIAMI COUNTY — The Miami County YMCA will be taking registrations for the Fall Session beginning Monday, Aug. 14 for members and Thursday, Aug. 17 for nonmembers. The session begins Aug. 28 and runs through Oct. 15.
This upcoming session includes many recreational and fitness options including: swim lessons, group exercise classes, gymnastics, youth programs and much more.
Listed below are the top 10 reasons to participate in programs at the YMCA.
1. Free and supervised child watch during peak hours
2. Kid Active class for youth in grades 4-9
3. Teen Youth Center, Leader’s Club and family events
4. Friendships formed in group exercise classes
5. Swimming pool
7. Variety of new and affordable group exercise classes. Can even sign up for a block of HIIT classes at a two-day-per-week rate. New classes listed below.
8. Trained and helpful staff
9. Free diabetic education and support
10. Silver Sneakers classes and a senior center for older adult activities
New group exercise classes being offered this Fall include beginner level HIIT classes, HIIT-Cardio Kickboxing, Forever Fit, High Intensity Strength and Conditioning, Core Power Yoga on Saturdays and WOW (Women on Weights).
The Y will be taking online registrations at its website www.miamicountyymca.net. To do so, participants must first register their email addresses at the main desk. They can then go online, log in and register for their chosen classes. Registrations will also still be accepted at the desks and over the phone
For more information, contact Heather Sever at the Piqua Branch at 773-9622 or email@example.com, or Kaci Gessaman at the Robinson Branch at 440-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.