PIQUA — A suspected drug overdose resulted in the death of a resident over the weekend.
There was a report of a man not breathing on the 300 block of Ridge Street on Sunday, March 26, at approximately 1:30 p.m. Piqua police and a squad from the Piqua Fire Department responded. According to the Piqua Police Department, a 44-year-old man was found to be deceased.
The Piqua Police Department suspects that this was the result of a drug overdose. The victim reportedly had a history of drug use, and there were signs of drug use at the home.
This death is still under investigation pending an autopsy.
Other recent suspected drug overdoses that did not result in a death include the following, according to Piqua police reports:
• There was a suspected drug overdose at the Red Carpet Inn on Country Club Road on March 25, at approximately 1:15 p.m. An officer assisted medics at the scene.
• There was a suspected drug overdose on the 300 block of South Roosevelt Street on March 25, at approximately 6 p.m. A male victim reportedly overdosed on heroin. He was transported to the Upper Valley Medical Center (UVMC).
• There was a suspected drug overdose on the 300 block of North Wayne Street on March 26, at approximately 6:20 p.m. A male victim was reportedly given six doses of Narcan. He was transported to UVMC.
Reach Sam Wildow at email@example.com or (937) 451-3336
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU