PIQUA — A warrant was requested for a Tipp City man in connection with a home burglary on Sunday.
Piqua police have charged Jesse E. Spurlock, 42, of Tipp City, with first-degree felony aggravated burglary. According to Piqua police reports, Spurlock is accused of entering a home on the 600 block of South Sunset Drive and attacking the occupant. Spurlock allegedly grabbed the victim by the neck and choked the victim. Spurlock also reportedly knew the victim.
The incident reportedly occurred on Sunday at 5:17 p.m. There was no damage to the home, and no items were taken.
At that time, Spurlock refused to turn himself in and Piqua police could not locate him. A warrant for Spurlock’s arrest was requested.
In other news:
• Joseph Robert Young, 27, of Piqua, was sentenced to 11 months in prison for two counts of fifth-degree felony breaking and entering on Monday in Miami County Common Pleas Court. Young was also ordered to pay $300 in restitution. Young pleaded guilty to breaking into two Piqua businesses, including Wyandt and Associates in February 2016 and Parkers Sport Shop in July 2015.
• Victor L. Washington, 27, of Moraine, was charged with second-degree misdemeanor criminal damaging on Monday. According to Piqua police reports, Washington is accused of damaging two vehicles on the 500 block of South Main Street on Monday a little bit after midnight.
• Kayla A. Calvert, 25, of Troy, was picked up on a warrant on Saturday evening after a report of a disturbance. Calvert is facing three misdemeanor probation violations. She is also awaiting her pre-trial conference for third-degree misdemeanor prostitution. Calvert is currently being held in the Miami County Jail on $500 bond.
• Taylor V. Beougher, 25, of Piqua, has been charged with first-degree misdemeanor assault and first-degree misdemeanor domestic violence in connection with an incident reportedly on Sunday morning.
• Angela D. Byrd, 42, of Piqua was charged with complicity in connection with a theft reported at Rose’s Variety Store, located on the 1500 block of Covington Avenue, on Sunday night. Jeffrey D. Barnes, 37, of Piqua, was charged with theft in connection with this same incident.
• Matthew A. Reedy, 34, of Piqua, was allegedly caught shoplifting at Walmart on Friday night. Reedy was charged with first-degree misdemeanor theft.
Reach reporter Sam Wildow at (937) 451-3336 or on Twitter @TheDailyCall