• CLASS LUNCH: The Piqua Central High School class of 1961 will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. at El Sombrero, 1700 N. County Road 25-A, going toward Troy. Participants wiill order off the menu. No reservations are required. Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend.
• HEALTH TREKKERS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Health Trekkers program from 10-11 a.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Take a hike for health and join park district health and wellness specialist, registered nurse Marion for this weekly low impact walk held each Thursday morning. Relevant topics such as heart health, diet and nutrition, diabetes prevention, stress relief and many others will be discussed during this walking series. Remember to wear weather appropriate gear and walking shoes for comfort. Registration not required but highly recommended. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• LUNCHEON: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will a trustees meeting at 10 a.m., followed by a carry-in luncheon at noon at 320 S. First St., Tipp City. Entertainment will be a Paper Alice demonstration.
• CHICKEN SALAD: Chicken salad sandwiches with chips will be served by the Tipp City American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586 for $4 a serving beginning at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• RECEPTION: An opening reception for “Fabricated Images: Works by The Dayton Printmaking Cooperative & Mythic Silver Studio,” will be from 5-6:45 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. The Dayton Print Makers Cooperative (DPC) is a not-for-profit alliance of artists and print makers who collectively maintain and support the print studio through active participation and monthly member dues. The exhibit will continue through July 16.
• WHISKEY RUN: Hayner’s Whiskey Chaser 5K Run, named for the historic Hayner Distillery Company, a family friendly run, walk and kid’s fun run, will be held to support Friends of Hayner. The route begins and ends at Hayner and runs along the levy bike path in lovely downtown Troy. Officiated by Speedy Feet, their website will provide updated information and a registration form. Day of event registration begins at 5:30 p.m., Kids Fun Run at 6:30 p.m. and the 5K Run & Walk at 7 p.m. Awards ceremony follows. For more information, visit TroyHayner.org or call 339-0457.
• STEAK: New York strip steak dinners will be served beginning at 6 p.m. at the Troy Fish & Game.
• HAM: Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, salad and dessert will be served for $8 by the Sons of the American Legion Squadron 586, Tipp City. Serving will begin at 6 p.m.
• RUMMAGE SALE: St. John’s United Church of Christ, 130 S. Walnut St., Troy, will continue their rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with many useful items and new items added each day.
• PLANT SALE: The Four Seasons Garden Club of Piqua will offer its annual Mother’s Day plant sale during mall hours at the Miami Valley Centre Mall between JCPenney’s and Sears. One-of-a-kind arrangements will be offered.
• CARNIVAL: The 2017 Cookson Carnival will be offered from 6-9 p.m. at 921 Mystic Lane, Troy. The event will include games, dunk tanks, raffles, food and more.
• BOARD MEETING: The Bradford Exempted Village School District Board of Education will meet in a special session at 3:30 p.m. in the board of education office for a presentation of board sub-committee regarding the feasibility of a board ran superintendent search.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmers Market will be offered from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Troy Lowe’s parking lot. Fruits, vegetables, honey, bedding plants and more will be offered.
• BARK FOR LIFE: Bark For Life will be offered from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Paul G. Duke Park, Troy. Pre-registration is $10 per dog at www.RelayForLife.org/barkmiamioh. Day-of registration is $25. Check in begins at 9 a.m. The event will consist of a walk on a pre-planned route, contests, demonstrations, and onsite fundraising activities. For more information, visit the above website or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BarkForLifeOfMiamiCounty.
• 5K-9: The Miami East and Milton-Union FFA chapters will sponsor a 5K walk/run to benefit the Miami County Animal Shelter. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with the race beginning at 9 a.m. The race will begin and end at the Miami County Fairgrounds. Pre-registration can be made at cantstoprunning.com or payment by May 1 to Miami East FFA, Miami East High School, 3925 N. State Route 589, Casstown, OH 45312. Prices are $10 pre-registered without shirt, and $20 with shirt; and $15 race day without shirt and $25 with shirt. Dogs on leashes are welcome.
• BOWL FOR LEAH: A bowling event for Leah Hatton of Tipp City, who is in need of a service dog, will be from 6-9 p.m. at Marion Lanes, 6170 Brandt Pike, Huber Heights. The event also will include a 50/50 and other raffles. For more specifics, visit “Team Leah” on Facebook.
• FISH FRY: An all-you-can-eat fish and smelt fry will be offered by the Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, beginning at 5 p.m. The meal also will include french fries, baked beans and applesauce for $9.
• COUNTRY FRIED STEAK: Country fried steak dinners will be served beginning at 6 p.m. at the Troy Fish & Game.
• FANDOM CLUB: What are you a fan of? Teens 18 and under are invited to hang out at the Milton-Union Public Library and share their favorite Anime, Manga, or games with the group. Watch shows and play games on the big screen and have snacks.
• DINING OUT: The Tipp City Seniors will dine out at 4:30 p.m. at El Sombrero, Troy. Euchre will follow at 6:30 p.m.
• DAR MEETING: The Piqua-Lewis Boyer Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at noon at the Indian Creek Distillery, 7095 Staley Road, New Carlisle. The cost is $15 per person for the tour and tasting and is wheelchair and scooter accessible. Make a reserviation to Annette Stewart.
• KARAOKE: Karaoke will be offered at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• PLAY DATE: What better way to spend part of Mother’s Day weekend than a Barbie Play Date with Mom? Join staff athe the Oakes-Beitman Public Library at noon for this program. Bring your favorite Barbie, a white T-shirt for each of you, your creativity, and your mom and join us for an afternoon of fun. Refreshments will be provided. Space is limited, so call the library to register at (937) 676-2731. For more information, call the library in Pleasant Hill at (937) 676-2731.
• CHICKEN BARBECUE: The Fort Rowdy Gathering will have its annual Mother’s Day Chicken Barbecue in the Covington Park from 11 a.m. until sold out. No need to get out of your car, we’ll come to your car window. Advance tickets are recommended and cost $8. The meal also will include a half chicken, chips, applesauce and a roll. Drinks will be available for purchase. Advance tickets may be purchased at Joanie’s Flower Shop or Siegel’s Country Store, both in Covington, Uniforms Plus in Piqua, or from any Fort Rowdy Board member. Advance tickets are valid until 3 p.m. Proceeds benefit the 2017 Fort Rowdy Gathering, to be held Labor Day weekend. For more information, call Larry at 339-0407, or Anita at 676-3381.
• BREAKFAST: Breakfast will be served at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 from 8-11 a.m. Enjoy a full breakfast made to order for $7. Children under 10 eat for $3.
• OPTIMISTS MEET: The Troy Noon Optimist Club will meet at noon at the Boathouse Restaurant. Hal McCoy, Cincinnati Reds columnist, will be the speaker.
• BLOOD DRIVE: Tipp City United Methodist Church will show support for May Military Appreciation Month with a community blood drive from 3-7 p.m. in the Great Hall, 8 West Main St. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the Community Blood Center “Military Appreciation Month Blood Donor” t-shirt. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• HOT DOGS: Enjoy a hot dog bar with quarter pound hot dogs and all the fixings by The Sons of the American Legion Squadron 586, Tipp City. Serving begins at 6 p.m. for $4.
• COFFEE TIME: A Need More Coffee Time event, with the program “Planning Yourself in the Market: What’s Your Niche?,” will be offered from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at 1405 Stonycreek Road, Troy. Learn about business topics that affect you while enjoying coffee and doughnuts or muffins. For more information, call (877) 469-6627.
• CRAFTS: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will be offered crafts and quilting at 9 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• FILM SERIES: The YWCA Focus on Films Series will show “Hidden Figures,” starting at 1 p.m. The movie viewing is free and open to the public. For more information, call the YWCA at 773-6626 or stop at 418 N. Wayne Street. The YWCA is handicapped accessible.
• HOME SCHOOL NATURE CLUB: Sign-up your home schooled student for an afternoon of discovery from 2-4 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center. Staff naturalists have developed hands-on educational lesson plans using live wildlife and outdoor exploration. The fee for this program is $2.50 for BNC members and $5 for non-members. Payment is due at the time of registration (cash or check). Deadline for registration is the Monday prior to each program. The topic for May is “Swimming Survivors.”
• KIWANIS: Kiwanis of Piqua will meet at noon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. “Upcoming and Completed Engineering Projects in Piqua” will be presented by Piqua City Engineer Amy Havenar. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.
• KIWANIS: The Kiwanis of Troy will welcome guest speaker Michelle Besecker from Grace Hospice at noon at the Troy Country Club.
• LUNCH BUFFET: A salad, sandwich and dessert buffet, hosted by the women’s fellowship, will be offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy. Choose from a variety of salads, sandwiches and desserts at the 18th Annual all-you-can-eat buffet. The meal is $6 for adults and $3 for children 8 years old and under. The church is handicapped accessible, use the Canal Street entrance.
• SLIDERS: John’s sliders will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 beginning at 6 p.m. Two sliders with toppings and chips for $2.
• ART CAMP LOTTERY: The Summer Art Day Camp lottery drawing will be held at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. The 2017 lottery drawing for the “Out of this World” summer art day camp will be at 7 p.m. in the Art Studio. Registration forms will be available at the event.
• BOOK CLUB: The Milton-Union Public Library’s adult book club will meet at noonto discuss “Take Me with You” by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Join in the discussion by reserving your copy of the book at the Milton-Union Public Library. Call (937) 698-5515 for details.
• TEA PARTY: Any child K-6 is invited to bring a mother, grandmother, or any other significant adult with them as their tea date at 6:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. Dress up in your frilliest outfit, and a handmade tiara will be provided. The event involves learning the proper etiquette of a tea party, a craft, tea party food, stories, games, and of course tea. Children will get a tea cup to take home with them and a door prize will be awarded.
• LUNCHEON: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will have a carry-in luncheon at noon at 320 S. First St., Tipp City. Blood pressure checks will be offered prior at 11 a.m.
• LECTURE SERIES: New Carlisle resident Ted Teach will be the guest speaker at the WACO Aviation Lecture Series at 7 p.m. at the WACO Air Museum, Willis Wing, 1865 S. County Road 25-A, Troy. Teach was awarded the 2016 Antique Grand Champion award at the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Air Show in Oshkosh, Wisc. Parking and admission are free, but donations will be accepted. The lecture is scheduled to last one hour with a time for questions to follow. For questions, call 335-9226 or visit www.wacoairmuseum.org.
• SLOPPY JOES: Sloppy Joe sandwiches with chips will be served by the Tipp City American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586. Servings are $4 starting at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• BOARD MEETING: The Miami Metropolitan Housing Authority Board will meet at 8 a.m. at 1695 Troy-Sidney Road, lower level conference room.
and open to the public.