• CRAFT CIRCLE: Bring your latest craft project and join Beth for a creative hour of socializing and sharing at the Piqua Public Library. Meet in the second floor Founder’s Room from 6-7 p.m. Any tidy, portable craft is welcome.
• SUMMER READING: The summer reading program of the Piqua Public Library begins today. The theme for children is “Don’t Be Dragon: Get Ahead.” There will be crafts, activities and fun at the Children’s desk all summer long. For teens, the theme is “Myths & Legends,” and there will be an event, craft or movie every Tuesday and Thursday at 2 p.m. A program also is available for adults. For more information, stop by the library, call 773-6753 or visit www1.youseemore.com/piqua.
• MOVE IT: “Move It to Lose It” with a free exercise class every Monday evening during the summer at the Milton-Union Public Library from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Today “Tone & Tighten” with optional 2-3 pound free weights. All ages are welcome; youth under 16 need to be accompanied by a parent.
• CRAFTY LISTENERS: The Crafty Listeners gather from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This group of women listen to an audiobook while working on joint and individual craft projects. Both experienced crafters and those wanting to learn are welcome.
• GRILLED CHEESE: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will offer grilled cheese sandwiches and creamy tomato soup for $5 starting at 6 p.m.
• CLASS LUNCH: The Piqua Catholic class of 1953 will meet at noon at the Covington Eagles.
• PUBLIC HEARING: The Concord Township Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on its 2017 Tax Budget at 10 a.m. in the Township Building, 1150 Horizon West Court, Troy. Final adoption of the budget will follow at the next regular meeting of the trustees.
• STORYBOOK TRAIL: Join educational naturalist John DeBoer with a storybook trail walk at 7 p.m., as he promotes the “No Child Left Inside” initiative at the Oakes-Beitman Public Library, Pleasant Hill. Enjoy stories such as “Little Cloud” and “Not a Stick.” Registration is requested. Sign up for Nature Quest and earn a semi-precious gemstone. For more information, call (937) 676-2731.
• STORYTELLER: Vivacious storyteller Lindsay Bonilla from World of Difference is back at the Milton-Union Public Library! Enjoy her interactive folktales from 6:30-8 p.m.
• TINY TOTS: “Dance Away” with Tiny Tots from 11-11:30 a.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This is an opportunity for children from birth to 3-years-old and their caretakers to hear developmentally appropriate stories, play games, sing songs, and do other activities with children’s librarian Wendy Heisey.
• ADULT HIKE: The Miami County Park District will hold an adult exploration hike from 9-11 a.m. at Twin Arch Reserve, 3147 N. County Road 25-A, Troy. Join park district naturalist Sassafras Susan to discover the birds, plants and trees across the county, one park at a time. These hikes are a great opportunity to get out in nature and learn together. Walks last about two hours and are not strenuous or fast-paced. Due to weather, trails may be wet. Wear appropriate shoes. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• LITERACY COUNCIL: The Troy Literacy Council will meet at 7 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center.
• BARBERSHOP MEETING: The Miami Shelby Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society will meet at 7 p.m. at the Greene Street UMC, 415 W. Greene St., Piqua. All men interested in singing are welcome and visitors are always welcome. For more information, call (937) 778 1586 or visit www.melodymenchorus.org.
• The village of West Milton Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers.
• OPTIMISTS MEET: The Troy Noon Optimist Club will meet at noon at LaPiazza.
• CENTER OPEN: The Pleasant Hill History Center, 8 E. Monument St., Pleasant Hill, is open from 3-7 p.m.
• TOASTMASTERS: The Miami County Toastmasters will meet from 7-8 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy. Those interested in improving communication and leadership skills are welcome to attend.
• TOPS: The T.O.P.S. (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) Club meets at 5:45 p.m. at the Zion Lutheran Church, Main and 3rd streets, Tipp City. For more information, call (937) 332-9251.
• The Tipp City Parks Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City Government Center.
• The Police and Fire Committee of Village Council will meet at 6 p.m. prior to the council meeting.
• Laura Village Council will meet at 7 p.m. in the Municipal building.
• Brown Township Board of Trustees will meet at 8 p.m. in the Township Building in Conover.
• The Union Township Trustees will meet at 1:30 p.m. in the Township Building, 9497 Markley Road, P.O. Box E, Laura. Call 698-4480 for more information.
• COUPON CLUB: The St. James Coupon Club will meet from 6-8 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua. Come, bring a friend, bring your coupons to work on, to share and trade, or just bring yourself if you are just getting started. For questions, call 773-1241.
• KIWANIS MEETING: The Kiwanis Club of Troy will conduct committee meetings during lunch at noon at the Troy Country Club, with a board meeting to follow.
• PORTAL TO PAST: A Portal to Piqua’s Past: “Health Care in Piqua” will be offered by library director and local historian James Oda, who will share the history of local health care practitioners and medical venues. Meets at 7 p.m. in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library.
• BLOOD PRESSURE: Free blood pressure checks with the UVMC nurse will be offered from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Circulation Desk of the Piqua Public Library.
• STORY TIME: Run through a special obstacle course at the Milton-Union Public Library Story Time at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Join children’s librarian Wendy Heisey and volunteer Tim Koeller for stories, crafts, games and puppet shows for the K-5 set.
• SLIDERS: The American Legion Post No. 586, Tipp City, will offer sliders, two for $2, with chips and toppings starting at 6 p.m.
• COUPON CLUB: The St. James Coupon Club will meet every week from 6-8 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua. Come, bring a friend, bring your coupons to work on, to share and trade, or just bring yourself if you are just getting started. For questions, call 773-1241.
• STAUNTON ALUMNI: The Staunton School alumni will meet at 11:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday at Frisch’s restaurant in Troy.
• INTRO TO OILS: Kim Noll, LMA CPT, will be teaching an informative three part series about using therapeutic grade essential oils for optimal health at 6 p.m. at the Oakes-Beitman Public Library, Pleasant Hill. Registration is requested. For more information, call (937) 676-2731.
• MOVE IT: “Move It to Lose It” with a free exercise class every Thursday morning during the summer at the Milton-Union Public Library from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Burn fat with a cardio workout this morning. All ages are welcome; youth under 16 need to be accompanied by a parent.
• LINE DANCE: Kids, get your line dance on with Layla Branscomb of Miss Leslie’s School of Dance at Milton-Union Public Library. She will teach basic techniques and some crowd favorites to kindergarten to fifth graders from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
• EAT GREAT: Courtney Trumbell, certified Crossfit trainer, will teach patrons how to “Eat Great, Feel Great!” at the Milton-Union Public Library from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Learn about what food to put in your body to achieve maximum health. Snacks provided.
• BLOOD DRIVE: First Lutheran Church in Troy will help boost blood donations as the summer season heats up with a blood drive from 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the community room, 2899 W. Main St. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• LUNCHEON: The Tipp City Senior Citizens will have a trustees meeting at 10 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City. A carry-in luncheon will follow at noon.
• HAMBURGERS: The American Legion Post No. 586, Tipp City, will prepare hamburgers with chips and toppings for $3 or for $4 with french fries and toppings starting at 6 p.m. Come and play Euchre for $5 starting at 7 p.m.
• The Lostcreek Township Board of Trustees meet at 7 p.m. at Lostcreek Township Building, Casstown
• MOVIE NIGHT: Join participants for a kick-off to summer with the movie “Kung Fu Panda 3” at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library. The movie will begin at sunset (about 9 p.m.) in the library parking lot, bring lawn chairs or blankets. The movie is rated PG and runs for 1 hour and 35 minutes. In case of rain, the movie will be shown in the Newton Schools Junior High gymnasium. For more information, call (937) 676-2731.
• POLLINATOR WORKSHOP: Registration is due today for the Brukner Nature Center and Ohio Pollinator Habitat Initiative Pollinator Workshop from 12:30-4:30 p.m. June 18 at the center. Pollinators positively affect all of our lives — join staff to learn more about monarchs, pollinators, and how you can help. Presentations will be offered on the monarch lifecycle and its great migration, techniques on rearing monarchs and other butterflies, citizen science opportunities for school or home, and ways you can help pollinators in your own backyard or schoolyard. There will also be a break out session for teachers, build a bee house, exhibits with resources to take home, butterfly kits for purchase, and an opportunity to shop the BNC annual Native Plant Sale. Cash or check only.
• CHICKEN SALAD: A chicken salad wrap will be offered at 6 p.m. at the Troy Fish & Game.
• BLOOD DRIVE: The Troy Public Library will help boost blood donations as the summer season heats up with a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Community Blood Center Bloodmobile will be at 419 West Main St. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• HEALTH TREKKERS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Health Trekkers program from 6-7 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 East State Route 41 east of Troy. Take a hike for heath and join park district health and wellness specialist, registered nurse Marion for this weekly low impact walk. Relevant topics such as heart health, diet and nutrition, diabetes prevention, stress relief and many others will be discussed during this twelve walk series. Walks are held Remember to wear weather appropriate gear and walking shoes for comfort. Registration not required but highly recommended. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• PORK CHOPS: The Sons of the American Legion, Squadron 586, Tipp City, will serve a pork chop dinner with two sides, salad and dessert for $8 starting at 6 p.m.